Bertram Flag

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

BlueChip

Bertram Flag

Post by BlueChip »

Anyone know where i can get a Bertram Burgee for my dad's B20 for christmas.....

Thanks

Chris
Restoring a 1973 Mako 20 . . B31 is next...when I find the cash

My Dad's 1966 B20 that i am working on .. (pre-BootStripe)
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

hb
Buju

Post by Buju »

BlueChip

Post by BlueChip »

Thanks

Chris
Restoring a 1973 Mako 20 . . B31 is next...when I find the cash

My Dad's 1966 B20 that i am working on .. (pre-BootStripe)
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

How about the staff they attach to. Mine is sitting on the bottom just outside the North Jetty of Barnaget Inlet. Tony Meola
jprobins

Post by jprobins »

I am also looking for a staff for my B 26.6 II Sport Convertible (outboard). There is a receiver for it at the point of the forward rail, but it requires a thinner shaft that I have been able to find.
Tony Meola wrote:How about the staff they attach to. Mine is sitting on the bottom just outside the North Jetty of Barnaget Inlet. Tony Meola
jprobins

Re: Bertram Flag

Post by jprobins »

Bump
Jim Robinson

Motu Iti
1983 26.6 II Sport Convertible (outboard)
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290443795141?it ... m=&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
Peter

Post by Peter »

I have looked far and wide to find flagstaffs for my 26. If someone out there has them, they certainly are not making it known. However I was able to make both a staff for the burgee at the bow and the ensign at the stern from some stainless tube and bar stock I got at the local hardware store. I found a brushed stainless steel spherical shaped drawer pull for the tops. I epoxy-ed a bit of birch dowel into the tube and screwed the drawer pull into that also seating it in epoxy where its butt end met the tube. I thought it looked pretty darn good as I bent on brand new flags.

It was only a few minutes after making my first ensign staff that I came to understand why no one has one. I hadn't run 15 minutes before the slip stream whipping the flag pulled it from its socket and it was gone! My crew that day replied in a hopeful way " Lets go back and see if we can find it." I explained that it was certainly not floating because it was all metal, not the usual teak.

My next staff was fitted with a tie down, a feature that wasn't original from Bertram. The burgee on the bow rail has a set screw to hold it. That got a shot of Locktight right away!

I'm just sayin'....

Peter