AC louvers

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

AC louvers

Post by Dug »

Anyone have a source for Starboard louvers for AC? the installer wants to use a 45 degree one on the outlet he is going to put up under the front window. I offered to make my own, but before I do that, I want to know if there are any pre-made options. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dug
TailhookTom

Re: AC louvers

Post by TailhookTom »

AC? Is it a Fishing Boat or you putting a hot tub in next? Probably going to eliminate the fighing chair for a cocktail table next.
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Hey, good idea I bet Capt Pat has a great hot tub idea,kinda like the one I use in the Abacos in July, fall overboard with a rum and,later the a/c feels real good. Dug, I just used what came with the unit, and on 12/12 return from home depot.
Bill
Dug

Post by Dug »

Tom, I already have the hot tub. I just take my 320 quart cooler, line it with black plastic, fill it with water, and in a couple hours in the summer sun, a full on bathtub in the cockpit. Way ahead of you boy. And, best part, the cooler doubles as a place to put the fish when I catch them too!!!! :)
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Dug...

I recently bought two louvers for the AC system in my B33.. not sure if they are the same size as you need, but they were in stock in a local HVAC supply house. I tried to find plastic, but was unsuccessful.. I settled on painted aluminum. I had first planned on building something out of wood, but time was short so I went with these. Apparently not every supply house has these.. I went to 3 places before I found them.

The larger one (10 1/4" square cutout) is for the return, has fixed slats only, and has a space behind the louvers to put a dust filter... the smaller one (10" square cutout) is for the exhaust outlet and has fixed front slats but crossways adjustable slats behind.

If you can't find these in the sizes you need locally let me know and I will check to see if my local place has them.. if so I can buy them and send them to you.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Dug...

Did you ever find the louvers you need?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Or take a deep breath then proceed to make them out of teak like a real 31 Bertram owner would do!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Dug

Post by Dug »

Not yet... I need an angled one, not a flat one...

I may end up making it myself. LOL!