Bonding Attachment Points

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Stephan

Bonding Attachment Points

Post by Stephan »

Gentlemen-
I have lusted in my heart for new bonding straps. But I hate the attachment points wher the strapping is drawn out at a 90 deg. angle folded on itself and drilled to accept a fastener. I don't like 90s, I really don't like 180s, and the sharp edges and stacked connections.....
So I propose epoxying a G-10 block to the stringer that is drilled and tapped for a round head silicon bronze machine screw. I can vary the length of the block for additional connection points:
What do you think of this?
Thanks,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Bonding Attachment Points

Post by CaptPatrick »

Good plan Stephan... Go for it.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Stephan, I like that idea as well, keeping it simple and giving you many attachment points. I rebonded as well, found very heavy gauge copper flashing that I had cut down to 1" continous strips on a band saw with a diamond blade. One piece stern to bow, to make turns you may need to fold at various angles to get you where you need to go. Bertrams bonding tape was very thin, heavy gauge should give you better long term bonding. Great images, what software did you use to post them? BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

I know you asked Stephan, but couldn't help but jump in... Check out PhotoImpact X3 for virtually all of your graphic and photo needs. I've been using PI all the from the beta version, over 15 years ago.

All of the images and graphics you've seen of mine have been from PI.

ie:

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I used Microsoft Paint the free tool included with windows...... and a very long booring conference call...
S
Possunt quia posse videntur
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Stephan,

PI is real short money, 30 bucks, and blows MS Paint out by a 1,000 fold... With all of the upgrades over the years I still have less than $100 invested. At $6.50 a year average, that's real close to free.
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Thanks Capt Pat. we spoke about this at Greenport a while back. Bertram juice may have affected the old memory bank that weekend...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?