Hull number 4

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Hull number 4

Post by neil »

While in Aruba we found hull number 4. We went over and spoke with the owner and realized it was a Bahia Mar, and now it looks like this. He got it from ft lauderdale and had it shipped there. His name was Jimmy and we told him to check out the site.ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Craig Mac

Re: Hull number 4

Post by Craig Mac »

It could be the 4th Bahia Mar but not the 4th hull, I don't think that model was offered until 1965 or it's the 4th hull that was converted to a Bahia Mar
Buju

Post by Buju »

I'm pretty sure that boat used to live here in Islamorada at the Holiday Isle charter docks... I remember the previous owner had listed her on Ebay as a 1961 Bertram 31' "command bridge"...
It did not get rave reveiws from the sandbox. I remember Bruce specificaly asking not to see pictures of the wife, based on the looks of the boat.
Good stuff.
Someone should re-bertram that boat. I've got a house off a B25 express to donate, if the capt pays my way, I'd be happy to bring it down to the ABC islands...
It is nice to see the boat is still going strong, doing it's thing though... you can make 'em fugly but you c'aint kill em.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
neil

Post by neil »

its was a 1961,we are pretty certain at one point it was a bahia due to the rudders
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Takes a good eye to make changes "look" right. Flat straight lines are easy build but dont do the boat justice. Still a working girl doing her thing, fishing hard at 50+ years. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I can only imagine what it looks like below the water line, underneath all the paint.