Marine Survey Blower Motor Ventilation Systems

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keith Poe

Marine Survey Blower Motor Ventilation Systems

Post by Keith Poe »

I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve being prepared for a marine survey for insurance.

What requirements will i need to meet for 1977 diesel motors as far as fumes blowers etc. ?

Got the rudders, SS bearings, 304 rudder bar and all the steering components installed today and toed out the rudders to 7/8".

Think i'm going to use U bolts to install the hydraulic arm plate to the rudder bar to mack it up and test the strength and see if it's strong enough.

I'm not so sure i want to weld it just yet till i get the auto pilot and supports installed then maybe if it is not strong enough with the U bolts.
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: Marine Survey Blower Motor Ventilation Systems

Post by CaptPatrick »

What requirements will i need to meet for 1977 diesel motors as far as fumes blowers etc. ?
No fume blowers required for diesel....
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Keith,
There are not any requirements for blowers in a diesel application, if your present blowers are in place and are working I would leave them in the boat, the scoops can provide extra air flow into the engine box and help to remove heat build-up from the boxes. Air flow for diesel is a major factor in good performance of the engines.
Pete Fallon AMS
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Thank you gentlemen
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.