Throttle body gaskets 7.4L Mercruiser

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Throttle body gaskets 7.4L Mercruiser

Post by Pete Fallon »

To the Faithful,
Planned obselsence has hit my boat. I installed 1996 7.4L Throttle Body Fuel Injected engines in my 1961 Bertram Express back in 1996, now the replacement gaskets between the upper and lower sections of the TBI are no longer available from Merc, not even the superceded numbers. Does anyone know where I can get the paper gaskets, I need 2 sets. The old Mercruiser part number kit replacement was 27-852957 with no longer available in red after the superceded number of 27-853998. I have called all my contacts for Mercruiser everywhere I can think of, anyone have any access to Mercruiser TBI parts let me know. The gasket is made of the thin gray paper common to Mercruiser,I would make my own but there are alot of screw holes along with the 2 main holes where the injectors are seated into. Thanks I know someone will come up with a set, I've got the O rings and strainer baskets just need the gaskets. Bob Lico got any in Long Island?
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Skipper Dick

Re: Throttle body gaskets 7.4L Mercruiser

Post by Skipper Dick »

Pete,

When ever I have a tough time finding a Mercruiser/GM part from Mercruiser, I go to the local GM dealer and get it there. Some times they are not the same, but on the other hand, sometimes they are. Mercruiser just puts their own part number on them and raise the price up.
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
Pete Fallon

Re: Throttle body gaskets 7.4L Mercruiser

Post by Pete Fallon »

To the Faithful,
I found the gaskets from a company in Maine, checked internet GM throttle body gaskets, old Mercruiser kit was 158.79 for 4 O-rings and 2 paper gaskets, Volvo parts were 181.00 for same thing, Got the 4 gaskets, 8 O rings for $36.00 including shipping. Thanks for everyones help.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61