Rejex experiment.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

Rejex experiment.

Post by In Memory Walter K »

This season I tried 2 coats of Rejex on my shafts and props when I put her in in late April. Used it through May, June, July and half of August. The boat was not moved since mid August because of my surgery. I hauled today and expected to see a horror under my boat, but much to my surprise my shafts and props were pretty clean. Very little/no barnacle growth. Power washer easily took off the slime. Almost ready for next Spring. I was pleasantly surprised. Walter
Tony Meola

Re: Rejex experiment.

Post by Tony Meola »

Walter

I tried it on my props one year. Worked So so. Next year I am trying liquid glass.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Walter, A true real world trial..that is practical knowledge we can all use..Think it would work on an outdrive? My brother in law cant keep the fur and barnacles of his boat and it was only in the water a month..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Peter

Post by Peter »

That is good information about Rejex.
For better outdrive protection try Trilux brush on paint. It goes on thicker and works better/lasts longer than the spray bomb application. Available from Jamestown Distrbutors.

Peter
In Memory Walter K

As far as my experimenting on outdrives I did not try Rejex because the dealer had used a spray outdrive paint when I bought it. It was like having no protection at all and in a few weeks had to haul and scrub it down, Next season I used regular bottom paint brushed on and went the whole season MUCH better.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Walt,
What kind of prep did you do before the Rejex application? Got to be better than the bottom paint I'm using. When taking Dreamsicle out of the boathouse for the storm I ran down the Creek for a bit and could only get 1800 RPM. Got to be some serious stuff on the bottom and running gear.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory Walter K

Brushed the shafts and props with a wire brush on a drill till they were shiny. Installed the shaft zincs on the bare shafts then masked them off so no Rejex got on them. Put on 2 liberal coats of Rejex with 24 hours between them. I did not buff between coats and after the second coat. Let 24 hours go before launching.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, Walt. You guys be safe up there.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein