Bertram 25/31 bow chock

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

catchthis

Bertram 25/31 bow chock

Post by catchthis »

Hi, I'm new to the bertram 31 forum, the bertram 25 forum is down so I'll be posting my build here as long as everyone else is ok with that. The reason for the new thread is that I have the original chock/running lights from my b25 but it is missing the two caps that pop in to the top. I am wondering if anybody has these spare parts around and if they would be able to hook me up with one or two. Let me know if you have a price in mind, I plan on re chroming my chock so the caps dont need to be in great shape, as long as they are still useable. Thanks a bunch! PS I am redoing a b25 express cruiser that I am converting to a cc diesel. Still a lot of work ahead of me but though I would post this in the meantime. Pics to follow this weekend on a different thread!
Kyle
Tony Meola

Re: Bertram 25/31 bow chock

Post by Tony Meola »

Kyle

Welcome. I am sure you will get answers to all of your questions here.

However, have you looked on Ebay for a whole new bow chock?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
catchthis

Post by catchthis »

Yea, I have looked on ebay, there is one on there right now but it's the same situation as mine, it doesnt have the caps, that and they are asking $200 for it and it still needs to be re chromed, I would like to just get a cap or both if I could since I already have the chock, I'm not looking forward to spending an arm and a leg on a used chock that still needs to be re chromed. Has anyone here made replacement caps? I ma give it a shot or maybe bring it to a machine shop to see what they can do. Maybe I'll convert it so the caps screw on instead of pop in?
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Did you try Danny at High Tide Marine?

http://www.hightidemarine.cc/adjusters.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Kyle,

Check with Grainger for hole plugs. They won't be chromed, but could be...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Most plumbing places have them in stainless or chrome.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
catchthis

Post by catchthis »

thanks capt patrick, looks like its exactly what I need. Rawleigh, Thanks, i'm going to check the local plumbing supply too.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I also have a project 25 Express that I am planning do do something with, not sure what yet, in the short term it has been cleaned up and is a plyhouse for my two youngest! I look forward to following your progress. I expect that you are already familiar with Scot's website?

http://www.cssims.com/site_directory.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lots of good info there.

Cheers and good luck,

Rod
catchthis

Post by catchthis »

yes, I'm very familiar with it, we plan on doing a similar motor setup to widgeon, we are contemplating a prop pocket at the moment. So far I have torn off the cabin, the deck and bunk area, and recently I pulled the engines and fuel tanks as well as most of the hardware. I work on the boat on the weekends. We plan on getting the hull back down to glass because the old gelcoat is shot.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

My plan is to put in a high hp single gas motor jack-shaft to a leg then to build a deck layout from there. Not happening for a few years, though.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

CatchThis,
Any large plumbing supply house has the plugs, they are used for filling the hole in kitchen sink where the pull out sprayer goes, measure your bow chock hole for the correct size. They come in chrome, stainless and white. Welcome aboard, don't hesitate to ask questions there is a wealth of knowledge on this board.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61