New format question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory Walter K

New format question

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Patrick, I don't know if its my computer or the new format, please advise. In the past, when I finished reading the threads I was interested in and signed out, the next time I went on site I started out with a new slate starting from my last logout. Now it seems I HAVE to read or at least go to every "red" entry or it will remain "red" every time I sign in. Is this the way it's supposed to be? In all due respect, there are topics we might have no interest in reading about but are forced to go to in order to start out with a clean slate next time I log in.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: New format question

Post by CaptPatrick »

Walter,

I don't have a good answer for you, but I do know that I have the same problem when I'm at my sister's house and using their MAC computer. It's something with how MAC stores or doesn't store cookies... Maybe MikeO has a suggestion or one of the other MAC users onboard.

I seem to remember Mike suggesting that you clear your cashe once before. Maybe?

Also, in Internet Explorer there's an option to add "Trusted Sites". I've had to manually add several sites as "trusted" in order to allow those sites to allow cookies to be saved. Don't know, but Fire Fox and Safari should also have a similar option. If so, add bertram31.com as a trusted site.

Br,

Patrick
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The reason I asked is because it's the same computer but the condition didn't exist till the new format. Thought there might be a setting that should be on or off with the new one.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

The problem with clearing the cashe is that you loose a lot of stuff that you might actually want....

I'm researching this now.

Walter, are you using the standard Safari browser that comes with the Mac, or something else like Firefox?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

For now Walter, the best thing to do is this:

When you're done reading what you want, go to the top right hand side of the topic list and click on Mark Topics Read

Mark topics read • 6028 topics • Page 1 of 121 • 12345 ... 121

You can mark the entire board as being read on the main page, by clicking:

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics Mark forums read
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

For what its worth I'm on a PC and have the same result as Walter.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Mark,

In your case, open IE tools, select internet options, select the Security tab, select Trusted Sites, click Sites, In the box under "add this website to zone", type bertram31.com click add, click OK, (click apply if it comes up), click OK.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Walter and Mike,

The Fourm Board Cookies can be reset without clearing your cashe.

One the lower right hand side, look for: The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - x hours [ DST ]

Clicking that may resolve the issue...
mike ohlstein
Site Admin

Post by mike ohlstein »

Pat, that will probably make it necessary to enter your user name and password on the next entry.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Sure will but no big deal and when logging on be sure to check the "auto" box...