Color and lettering question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Keith Poe

Color and lettering question

Post by Keith Poe »

What do you guys think about candy apple red with some white on the fly-bridge kind of like racing stripes and white lettering name PREDATOR with ghost predators sculls faded in the name on the transom or maybe black lettering but maybe black is to dark ?

I'm not going to use my logo i had Chuck Bryon draw for me and wish Chuck was still with us, anyone know an affordable artist ?

Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
Buju

Re: Color and lettering question

Post by Buju »

Hmmm, a red and white B31 named Predator huh?
Getting a DejaVu feeling...

Keith, click on the "predator" link in Mike Ohlstein's signature
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

OH NO OK er um shit!
Sportsmen Conservation Sustainable Harvest Accountability Integrity with the spirit of a Warrior.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Keith,

For a motorcycle or car, it might be cool. For a 31 Bertram? Sounds a bit trashy. :^P

But then....

Yo Fren'

Patrick
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Right On so i'm guessing night stalker is no good maybe Slayer ?
Buju

Post by Buju »

I dont think the name or color is the potential issue...

More so the racing stripes, and ghost fade skulls. She's your boat sir, do as you will. Pretty long ways off before you gotta decide...

How about "Charcaradon" or "Isurus"... "Lamna" is no good. I like Isurus, and paint her blue with a stark white bottom, maybe do some vintage looking WWII Curtiss P-40 shark jaws on the bow... right at the waterline..?..?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Mine is actually Awlgrip Claret.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

He who pays the piper gets to call the tune, but it doesn't seem like a very good idea to me and certainly a lot of work for tne next steward to set right.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i agree white bear just like the # 2 valued corvette in america. 1963 split window coupe painted candy apple with highly altered fenders and body . nice to the owner but devalued car to the tune of 65,000 dollars . you have to think you will sell this car someday or this future bertram. tasteful customize yes but wild paint jobs on bertram 31 like flames and tiger mouth will also attack the lawman!!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

How about the Miss Mako color contrast.

Buju

Post by Buju »

Keith Poe wrote:How about the Miss Mako color contrast.
Hell yeah... I say damn the torpeedos.
And maybe some really fine metalflake just over the lightest 2 shades of blue, with the whole she-bang under 20 coats of clear.
Daaang!
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Next thing he'll want trim tabs-----
Bill
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Knock yourself out ,miss mako 1964 non matching convertible do whatever makes you feel good.don't get me wrong on race boat anything goes .undefeated apba b racer both sides of hull the Smokey and the bandit painting (like on the side of the tractor trailer in the movie)stern of boat "Armed And dangerous"beautiful artwork but was on a race boat. Best ever ----38' cigerette with twin 572" supercharged monster motors. One foot letters across hull lime metal flake and candy apple flake on top "Injection is nice but I rather be blown" wild boat, but not on a 31 Bertram.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Here we go Image
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Yep! Why not
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

I love the 1st vette and if money wasn't an issue I'd chop up a 63 and do the same thing...some say sacrilege, I say whatever gets the goosebumps going. I actually think that scheme looks better on a later model vette with daytona front and tunnel back window or convertible. But that is me and mine was trucked off a couple weeks ago.

Keith...this is where you have to do whatever makes your heart go pitter patter every time you walk down the dock and glance at her.

A wild paint job or skin looks fantastic...but it sort of has to fit the boat. I'm sure Lennon's paint scheme didn't please Rolls Royce and those that owned them at the time. But I guess it made Lennon happy...and many say its great. Personally I think the design flows on the VW's and looks..well I don't like it there either...but looks more in place.

I'd get a picture of boat and play with it till you find what you like...what fits the form....sounds like it will be interesting one way or another. Love the last skin...
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Sim the post was for people like you and me.why not sell sell the stock 1963split window coupe for 85,000 buy a 1964 non matching coupe for 15,000 and use the money to customize till you hearts content even better go to a "no value" 1975 to 1982 except 1982 collector edition"for 3,000 and nobody could care less what you did to the car .now you have 83,000 in your pocket to do anything you want. I have built 11 corvettes since high school and always take a classic year to restore . A front bumper for a 1967 coupe cost the same as a 1964 .the 1967big block can go 120,000 top flight and the 1964 20,000 . My point is sell the classic to someone who can show to our grandchildren and rip into a 1974 to 1982 or 1984 to 1992 nobody cares and you get power seats and all kinds of other corvette improvements for free the headlights actually work in those years.my 2 cents
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bob,
I completely agree it would be wise to sell a numbers correct classic and go with a non-corrrect car to custumize. But that is only because of the monetary meaning of the transaction.

But...there are reasons why somebody hacks up a correct car...quick story. When I got married all I wanted was a stretch Covette limo I saw on exibition on way home from work. Didn't care about which church, reception hall, dinner, photographer or honeymoon destination. The car wasn't quite finished and only way I could show Doreen the limo was go to the shop where it was being done. While at shop the next car over from strecth vette was a numbers correct, very low milage 64 (think it was anyway) that was being modified...nothing crazy, wheel well flares, tires, interior redone, paint job with sound system and light engine modification...guy had the money and it was his fathers car, his Pride and Joy. Being his fathers car meant more to him then the actual cars value...but he didn't like to drive it the way it was so owner was making into a car he would enjoy. Owner of Custom shop offered to buy that car, replace with non original and give him the same exact thing when he was done...but guy wanted his fathers car. Chances are his dad rolled over in his grave because his "Pride and Joy, perfect car was being destroyed" but then again maybe not, cause you can't take it with you.

What is important here is that after a quick ride, we did book the Stretch Vette, along with the Stretch 57 Chevy for the day. Doreen liked the 57 and thought it would be cool for the pickup at her house, plus lots of room for the wedding party...at least more then the regular black lincon we budgeted for...hell of a comprimise I thought. Thought I had a better pic of cars here...damm people in all the car shots...

Keith Poe

Post by Keith Poe »

Some great colors in mounts maybe get a taxidermist to paint the 31-B