Harry Babb: Are you ready for Isaac??

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rawleigh

Harry Babb: Are you ready for Isaac??

Post by Rawleigh »

Have you got Denada hauled out on the trailer and battened down??
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
jackryan

Re: Harry Babb: Are you ready for Isaac??

Post by jackryan »

Looks like the track has shifted from Harry's neighborhood to ours. I had Decoy hauled out yesterday and tucked into the hanger at Seabrook Marine. Here's a pic:

Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Hi Rawleigh

As of about 2 hours ago the ole girl is tucked in and bedded down on her bright new shiney trailer. She is sitting right outside of our shop.
Yesterday Chris put "Funnerwat" on the trailer then took her home and tucked her in, in the back of his "Toy Box".

This afternoon I will remove the Bimini and plug her in so the house batteries will keep the bildge pumps running.

Beyond that we still have some tying down to do at my house and the river.....but for the most part we are ready.

A line down the center of Mobile Bay is 88 degrees W. Last reported position of Issac, he was sitting on 83 degrees. He should be due south of Mobile Bay late this afternoon......Looks like what ever we receive from the storm will be in the NE Quadrant.....not the best place to be....but I think he will be so far west of us by the time of landfall that we will only get tropical winds and may be lots of rain.

Will keep you guys posted....but right now the only ones excited around here are the is the News Media Drama Teams and the local Drama Queens. In fact a couple of nights ago channel 5 announced, on Facebook, the possiblity of evacuation......one of the first response was a young lady named Tashani.....and she said "Somebody needs to gimme some gas....I gotta get outta here".

Governor Bentley announced a mandatory evacuation of everyone south of I-10 beginning at 8:00 AM today.

hb
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Jack, Harry and everyone else in the bullseye good luck and Godspeed!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Good luck to every one in the path of this "cane..Russ
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Stay safe my southern friends...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

You boys be safe down there.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Thanks guys,

We stocked up on the clears, wine and beer, so we're ready for this one. Luckily we have a neighbor with a full house generator that has invited us over until the power comes back on (assuming we loose power). Looks like it's pretty much going to be a rain event for us. At this point it appears that Isaac may not even strengthen into a hurricane.

Thanks again for the well wishes and we'll keep you posted.

JR
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Now Jack ! ! You are trying to waaaaay to realistics here......your not going to "Sell" much news with that attitude....LOL....

A news reporter at Gulf Shores this morning reported that the winds were only about 15 MPH with gust up to 20 MPH....but he went on to embelish his report by saying that "With the rain and surf it seems like the winds are 50 MPH Plus".

Right now....here in Fairhope Alabama we have light sprinkles of rain.....a light breeze and even an occasional glimps of blue skies.

It may get worse later but I don't think so.......

I certainly hope and pray that no one gets hurt or looses property but I think that a strong "Blow" will actually help the Louisiana Swamps further recover from the damages created by the oil spill.

Good luck to all of you guys.......I trust that the Roy family are okay....I remember that Vic would give us a play by play report of hurricane conditions as they played out.

hb
hb
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

good luck guys, stay safe
1968 hull # 316 - 757