Bertram shipping from NJ/NY help needed

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Todd Pearce

Bertram shipping from NJ/NY help needed

Post by Todd Pearce »

Hi to all, I`ve found two boats in NJ worth buying but the shipping qoutes are just friken killer,What i have found is that if I price a boat out of FL from the nz agent its 40k USD but if i ring the comp direct in FL the price is 30k USD ,big diff, problem is I don`t know any shipping companys in NJ being from NZ,so I was Hoping some one might recommend some options direct,in the hope the price might be better/do-able and/or can it be shipped to FL ? any thoughts or help would be great
regards Todd
new zealnd
Last edited by Todd Pearce on May 28th, '12, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Hi Todd,

You can ship via truck from NJ to FL or pay to have it run down the coast which is very costly. Dpemds on size. If your doing Dockwise like we did when we shipped our boat to Costa Rica you will need someone to off load it in Port Everglades area and work with Dockwise to load it via the water.

I still have keep in touch with the guy who did ours....they have to have special security clearence to load and off load there. No not just anyone can do it.

Let me know the size bert. you got and I can start to give you more options and pricing, along with time frame. Also, which shipping company....I might be able to get you better pricing.

Greg
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Todd Pearce

shipping costs

Post by Todd Pearce »

Hi,thanks for your help,I`am looking at a B37,My heart is in a b31 but i have 3 kids so its got to be a 37 for now,,I thought for sure some one here would be in the shipping came or could help,again thanks for your help
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Cool. It is a holiday here today but over the week I will try to get some info for you.

I do know.... it will most likely have to be run down the coast to Florida which will get pricey. Diesel is about 4.20 a gal here in NJ. It is just over 1000 miles from NJ to Lauderdale.
Last edited by Thums Up on May 28th, '12, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

As for timing, you are at the tail end of most folks shipping boats north, so you might get a reasonable price trying to catch a truck running south empty that would like to offset some costs.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Is it the boat Jobsite?
Todd Pearce

jobsite

Post by Todd Pearce »

No ,I dont think so, but if shes got cats i`d like to know about her
I just checked, Jobsite, is a boat of interest, haven`t seen her but understand she has issues
Dug

Post by Dug »

Dockwise ships out of Newport, RI as well. I would think maybe NYC?
mikepelham

hauler

Post by mikepelham »

Ship Bottom boat Hauling has moved a couple for me. One from Nantucket to LBI. Ask for Heidi 609-978-7757.
bertram 20

Post by bertram 20 »

have you looked into U ship i used them and had a good outcome with shipping boat from S carolina to mass
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

HI Mike

I have used them several times great guys! But, i think this is too big for them. A 37 with a tower or hard top won't clear the bridges.....clearence w/ a hard top is around 14.5 without the trailor and is 13'+ wide. Granted you could always take it off.

Where are you on LBI? I am up in B. Light but building the new boat over in Waretown.

Dug....there RI location used to only do Europe. I will check to see if it changed.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok back to normal . i am at the marina. i have you covered just need height of boat,weight,beam,total length. will be shipped from newark new jersey. kelly at oakdale yacht will fill you in on details. (631) 589-1087
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

honestly I dont see too much of a savings versus the logistics and cost involved.
Todd Pearce

b37

Post by Todd Pearce »

hi bob can you pm me your ph number and ill give you a call