Before and After

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

NV3167

Before and After

Post by NV3167 »

This is a 1967, I bought out of St. Pete last summer. She will be my third chater vessel out of Ft Lauderdale. My family and I would like to thank everyone on this forum that helped me get to this point; this site has been great!

Well this is it till the final completion.
The next photos the NV will be all decked out with a Swordish or Sail in the cockpit.

Before

after 7 months

NV3167

3208s

Post by NV3167 »

She has a pair of 3208ns does anyone have any good info on speeds and props? I have heard that 20kt cruise is not out of the question
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Beautiful!! Nice work!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
scot

Post by scot »

Really nice work, That boy is going to be raised fishing on a Bertram 31...lot's of great memories to come.

Good luck.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I fished a lot on one (then the Boomer, now the Centurion) out of Venice, LA with 3208 naturals, 210 hp. She was a SF that they had put a rear bulkhead in so she had downstairs steering too. Easy 21-22 kt cruise and with the 2400# engines was like a battering ram, without a doubt the best riding B31 in a head sea I've ever been on. Don't remember the prop set up, but would guess something like 20x22 three blades thru 1.5 gears. My buddy's capt. broke a crankshaft on one of the 3208s reving it up in the slip, go figure.

My buddy sold it, bought the one I have now and I got her from him. The Centurion was eventually sold to Dr. Jordan who repowered her from the 3208s to 3116 300 Cats. Centurion got a pretty good whack in Katrina, but survived very well.

Good engines, just keep paint and a lot of Corrosion X on them, rust is a big issue, especially on the oil pans.

Nice looking family, your little boy will be running that B31 when you in a rocking chair. And that's what makes them so much fun, just knowing they are 'forever' boats.

UV
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Good luck with the new boat.Good times are ahead for you.

And with a BERTRAM you'll never look back!
A/K/A El Gaupo
scot

Post by scot »

I'm impressed with the freeboard, 4,500-5,000lbs of engines/gears, etc and the boats chines are not under. Nice. Plenty of surplus bouyancy in these hulls.
Scot
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Given the name of the boat, my guess is it is a little girl named Victoria or Nicole that he is holding. Funny, My wife's name is Nicole and I have a daughter named Victoria. I am indeed NVious of your fine looking 31
scot

Post by scot »

Sorry...It must have been the coveralls, but more than likely my eyes... and I have 2 daughters!
Scot