The japs have landed in Llano

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

The japs have landed in Llano

Post by Bruce »

Made it to Llano and unloaded the Yannies for Pats latest project.

A quick note on the Steyr seminar, WOW. Very exited, a great product thats been around for a while. No other marine diesel can compare. Excellent design. Great company.

I will post an indepth report when I return home.

In the mean time to those in my area, I will be looking for a Bertram 20, 25, 26, 28 or 31 for a Steyr repower.
They have already done a 28 and the numbers are impressive as is the fit.

Depending on the condition of the boat, the labor will be free for the install, I will get a good engine price and the only other cost to the owner will be materials and yard charges.

Once I return and post the report, you may contact me then if you are interested.

Bruce
nestorpr

Does it have to be a Bertram?

Post by nestorpr »

I also love Bertrams (family had a 25 Flybridge in the early 1970's) but haven't been able to get one for myself yet, however, I got the next best thing: a restored 1970 20 foot Seacraft Seafari raised cabin with a seized 140 hp Mercruiser. I have been considering the Volvo D3 160 hp diesel due to its impressive light weight but if you're interested let me know. :wink:
Looking for my next boat!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Bruce-It's a shame you're so far away from Long Island, N.Y. I have a B-20 Bahia Mar that needs a whole repowering and companion stern unit. Would love to be the experimental B-20. Even have a house for you to live in and work out of. Walter
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

Walter, we know a guy with 2 bigass diesel vans. ROADTRIP................
Maybe we can even make a stop in Miami and find my lugage
Doug Crowther

Post by Doug Crowther »

Thuddd,
Doc gave me the two dvd's from Panama this weekend and I watched them last night. How come they show every body but you and Andre catching fish ? There was that one part where you are clearly fighting a rock on the bottom(please tell me it was a snapper) with a bent rod but that's it.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bruce,

My B-20 Sportsman needs new power, so let me know what you think it will cost for the engine/outdrive package. Both Patrick and Uncle Vic have seen the boat and know that it's all original and all there.

Tommy
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Poor Timmy.
Can't believe you never did get your luggage. I'll bet Kathi had a nice card tucked away in it, now you'll never know.
And Big Red, I never fished w/Timmy and don't know what he caught (although he told me one day they made Randall the winder the whole day) but I caught my share in the great country of Panama.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Andre' - the boys make it to Venice Friday on RR OK? We need to do lunch this week. Kipp, how about you? Mr. Borne? A B31 Power Lunch?

UV
Pete Fallon

Japs have landed in in Llano

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
I spent an hour talking to the rep from Steyr in front of your shop. just before you finalized the deal. I was impressed with the product also, if I keep the boat I would be interested in the repower special. I won't be back until after Thanksgiving, the boat is out at Indiantown Marina for now. Say hello to the old fart and no kicking the dog.
Pete Fallon[/url]
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Yeah Vic, they made it OK after unsticking the turbo. They fished for swords two nites but none. Other than that dolphin and wahoo.
I'll call you in AM about lunch.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Garry

Post by Garry »

Andre,

I saw Reel Relief pull up to the dock on Sunday morning and went over to say hello. Met Drew for the first time...nice kid. Chatted with Brad a little while. They fished out near Medusa. The marlin bite was hot again way out east to the south of Orange Beach on the steps. A boat from Miss tagged 4 blues. We fished out southeat of Lena and caught wahoo and dolphin also and had a UFO that was likely a billfish.

Garry
thuddddddd

stuff

Post by thuddddddd »

I'm guessin Doc Matt or Garry can attest to me catching a fish or 2.
randall

Post by randall »

andre.....it be true....not really sure who the joke was on but for me it was part of my two day perfecta....day one.... catch perfect remote rivermouth waves with 3 guys out.........day two...catch 10 large sails before lunch and a few tuna and a big bull mahi right at the bell......and all i had to do was serve panama's and take verbal abuse all day.....the capt and mate thought we were nuts......but everyone laughed alot....which is the point...you have to remember i've only been fishing for 3 years..........i guess i fell in with the right crew.........randall
Rob C

Post by Rob C »

Bruce,
I moved the Sarita down to Port Aransas, no Ethanol,,,,,,,yet. Had carb problems w/ the first tank and that was enough to get me to move her out of Galveston. Plus the 100f curve is 40nm vs 100+nm, done deal. Port A is fun fun fun, lots of UT coeds. Come on over for a while and do a much needed repower on her, I'll buy the beer!!
Rob C
"sometimes you go 8 sometimes you hit dirt"

Rob C
Mac

Post by Mac »

How about a all origional 24' Bertram Moppie II? Single I/O, was origionally powered by a straight 6 with a Mercruiser drive.
24' Moppie II