Fishing In Hawaii

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

34Hatt

Fishing In Hawaii

Post by 34Hatt »

O.K Timmmmy said to ask all you Guys this one.
I am going to Hawaii Sat for two weeks I will be on Oahu and the Big Island.
So two question do you guys have someone to recommend for some Offshore fishing???
And is this a productive time of year???

5 years ago I was in Maui and did a trip that turned out to be a Boat ride.
And guess what it was a B31.

Thanks in advance for any guidence with this.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Dan,

At least three of the Faithful run charters in Hawaii. All fishing trips are potentially just a boat ride. Why they call it fish'n not catch'n....

Capt. Jerry Allen ("Sea Dancer" Bahia Mar)
Kailua-Kona, HI
jerry@kona.net

Ken Ching, ("Patty Ann" Flybridge Cruiser)
Waianae, HI
CHINGK001@hawaii.rr.com

Capt'J (Jude Keoni Schwarze)
Kauai, HI
kauai@hawaii.rr.com

Br,

Patrick
Thums Up2

Post by Thums Up2 »

HI,

They have fish all year long but are a little slower this time of the year for blue marlin. Summer is better for marlin. I would try the Sea Genie in Kona(Big Island) He is a little more but probally the best there. The northern lights is very good too. www.northernlights.com. Good luck! Let us know how it was. Greg
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Capt Pat I do understand there is no sure thing when it come to Fishing. But also Knew all place's has a season. Also I am ready for guys to bust my ***** since I was going fishing on a Bertram I just figure It always raised fishhhhhh!!!!!
Greg that is what I was looking for Thanks and If anyone else has a suggestion I open.
Greg tried that link I don't think it right???
Thanks Dan
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Dan,

I agree with Capt. Patrick,
All fishing trips are potentially just a boat ride. Thats why they call it fish'n not catch'n

But I can tell you this, I've fished there in early March on the Sundowner a 35 Bertram with Darin Isaacs and fished all day and not a Marlin caught. Two Days before we go on the Sundowner another boat catches a 900+lb Blue. The week before we arrived at Kona the Sundowner catches a 600+ lb Blue. So theres fishing for ya!

There was a 31 Bertram dock right beside the Sundower and was told to me by Darin Isaacs that it held the Marina record for fighting and losing a large Blue Marlin, so take your pick.

Whoever you charter, talk to them plus go visit the marina and see what is being caught or tagged on the other boats to see if you want to go, weather permiting.

Good Luck & Tight Lines

DQ
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

I haven't fished with this Capt. But friends of mine have and highly recomend him. For what it's worth.

Enjoy you trip!

http://fishinkona.com/
Jim
1975 28 FBC
Thums Up2

Post by Thums Up2 »

Sorry, it is www.fishingnorthernlights.com. it is a dental web page, he is the owneer nd you can get to the boat that way. I know a friend who fished the Sundowner and were extremely unhappy. If you ever want to fish Costa Rica let me know I can help you out with our boat. Good luck. If you need any more names in Hawaii let me know! Greg
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

How about Dale Leverone... "Sea Strike" 31' Bert... Got the record for a blue marlin on #50 I think over 1150#
How bout Bad Co. w/ Randy Parker. 50' somethig Hatt..
Wayne
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Ironman
Do you know which Island they are on??

Well I am out of here tomorrow AM and will print this and bring all the names. I will do as Capt DQ say's that always is the best thing to do.

Thanks for all the responses old Timmmmy boy was right about asking all of you!!! Will I guess he's got to be right sometimes!!! Even If you think he bought the WRONG boat LOL....
So I will see what happens my brother inlaw who lives there says he has some surprises for me. Maybe he has a charter on a BIG HATTERAS set up for me :-}
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Dan you can only hope.
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

They be in Kona
My good friend, Lincoln is from Kona... thatswhere the big ones are.
Wayne
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

O.K just had someone tell me that when the Whales are there which is this time of year Fishing is OFF.
Any truth to this seems a lot of you know about HI Fishing.
Thanks Wayne for the come back.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

My friend got back from a 9 dayer 2 days before christmas... He basicly got skunked.. But Before he got there they had schools of YFT to 180# and also the day he left a big one was caught . Go figure. He used to work on the "Northern Lights"
Wayne
PS
smoke fish not ice.
barnaclebill

Kona B-31 Charter

Post by barnaclebill »

I suggest you contact Capt. Dale Leverone, owner operator of "Sea Strike" and a great guy. You may be able to save a bit if you can crew, as he usually goes without a deckhand. He just bought a B-35 also, and is moored two boats from my 31 at Honokahau Harbor.
His email is dale@konadeepsea.com
Phone is 808-329-8135

Aloha, and "tight lines"
God bless you and I pray that you are healthy and happy- Fair winds and following seas! Aloha