COOL MODEL

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

COOL MODEL

Post by Craig Mac »

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

The link didn't get me to the model but I went to the home page of Wood to Glass, which features a B31 on the header!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

i don't know why--but if you go to home page article appears
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Got it. Wonder what it would cost to get one made of a B31? Probably more than the real thing!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

If you scroll down there is a model of a 17-20ft-ish scale replica of a Donzi.

That exact boat with the exception of the color which is blue sat on a local lake. I had a friend who lived next door and as a young kid we used to drool over that boat sitting on the lift. And when the owner threw the spark to it it would just bark.

It was there every year until about 2 years ago. I should do a little vestigating????
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Crazy how this stuff works! I tell the story above and today I answered the phone at work and the owner of that Donzi is on the other end. I had put motorized drapery in his lake home many years ago and they need some attention. After our conversation I asked about the boat. He said he still has it and it is in need of TLC. Thinking of getting rid of it. I said keep me in mind and he said he would.

Who knew? Said he did a bit of a refurbish a few years back but the little things are starting to nickle and dime him and he is sort of sick of it.

Anyone interested if it's out of my price range? I have no idea what he wants but I suspect I will shortly. Must see him Monday morning to look at his drapery.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage