Report from Cabo

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Report from Cabo

Post by MarkS »

The wife and I took a over due getaway to Cabo after all the shit we have been through. I promised to spend less time fishing and more time pooling with her so I only chased the fish 2 days of the 7!

First day was a bit of a bust with a pile of skipjack one Bonita and one small yellowfin. We dumped 2 shots at a couple of big tuna one was a 5 minute break off and the other was my fault. The fish was swimming at me hard and I was reeling my arse off and when it came tight I gave it one and game off!

Day two was a marlin in the pattern out of the gate but we couldn't get him to chew. We finished up with a fist full of Dorado and a couple of skippys.

We went with the owner of Redrum John Donovan also a board member here who has become a great friend of Lehann and mine over the years and had
it sizzled up at a place called Vagabundos trailer park. Casual place but the
food was muybueno!

Today is our last day and even though I am burnt to a crisp we have had an awesome time! We traveled today into the barrio to a school that our little tournament supports where they are building a kitchen that feeds the grade
school kids. Guys I gotta tell you and some of you may be aware, dirt poor
doesn't even scratch the surface.
I am so proud to know that even though it is not a lot of money by benevolent standards it is helping feed these nippers!

As we were looking at the progress of the kitchen, by the way this is box no bigger than a one car garage, a cute little girl with no front teeth very much like my baby Mara came from nowhere and grabbed my wife and gave Hera big hug!

What can I say. Soul cleansing my friends, soul cleansing.

Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hey Mark, glad you two could get away and take a breather after these tough months you've been through. I thought "Redrum" was Charles Manson's boat ("murder" spelled backwards). Nice of you guys to help out the school kids. I know that little girl brought sweet memories of Mara back to you!
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Good report, Mark, thanks. Cabo is a special place.

Tommy- Charlie Manson had a boat?
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Sounds like you guys had a great time...fishin n loungin by the pool...ahhh winter getaway...bet Mansons boat was a tuna slayer...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?