The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Dolphin Beaching in Mass

Post by Harry Babb »

http://www.news24.com/SciTech/News/Mass ... d-20120124

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technolo ... story.html

What's the local news saying???

Same thing happened here on the Gulf Coast last year.....it was mostly juvenile Dolphins.....we all thought it was related to the oil spill and ofcourse the officials said no....it was a virus.....never heard the final story.

hb
hb
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The second winter the Pilgrams ate dolphins that ran up on the beach. I dont think its our fault. We are not helping, but??
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Their navigation systems have been screwed up by what's been happening with the sun. My theory.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Since the scientists that are in the know are saying the earths inner core rotation speed has been changing, that would explain magnetic fluctuations that affect many animals that navigate by sonar like sensory.

Just like many animals before storms or earthquakes sense changes in the magnetic fields lay down or alert before the event happens.

I wouldn't think it would be from all those sonar listening devices that are floating around listening for the Rusky and China mart subs. After all the government says they are harmless and they wouldn't lie to us.

Scientists are now coming out predicting the New Madrid fault is gonna be busting loose soon. Supposedly gonna split the US right down the Mississippi.

Dolphin, its whats for breakfast.
Dug

Post by Dug »

what I heard on the news this morning is that this is happening inside Cape Cod bay. The cape as you may know is a large hook shaped peninsula that juts out into the open ocean. Dolphins often find themselves in the bay, and have a hard time finding their way out. The dolphins have all been healthy, and in no way show signs of distress until out of the water. The issue right now is being made worse by the moon tides which have created larger changes in the depths of water, along with stronger currents. So in short, they are not used to being in shallow bay waters, and then can find themselves in marshes and shallower areas, which then see a bigger tidal swing, leaving many stranded. When they get back to the water, they are usually fine. Though I think the number that has actually done so is distressingly low, something like 24 out of 80 dolphins, but I was on an onramp at that point and paying more attention to the driving than the radio...

Plus it was about 7 am, and I was still a bit sleepy...

Dug