Greetings From A Hatteras Guy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Freebird

Greetings From A Hatteras Guy

Post by Freebird »

I have signed up for this forum at the suggestion of some Bertram guy I met in Ft Lauderdale at the show last year. His name escapes me right now, but I do remember the distinct sound he made when he fell of the barstool at the drinking barge at the show.....Thudddddddd!!!!

Now, here's the deal, I didn't buy my first Hatt to impress anybody, and I really didn't mean to own two at the same time. As it stands I now have a 41DC in Kingston, TN and a 58TC in Palmetto, FL.

At the risk of sounding like a Hatteras junkie, I'm sitting aboard a 70CPMY in Fernandina Beach having left Charleston yesterday headed to Ft Myers. This is a combination sea trial, job interview, and divorce diversion. Who knows what will happen in reference to any of the above.

I met Thuddddmannnn through the Hatt forum, then met him in person. Hell, the way I see it, Bertrams are a helluvalot better than Bayliners, and I know some pretty good ole' boys who like those things. Now I must warn you, I'm a happy boater, and I tend to joke around and have fun with folks of similar mind.

To that end, for better or worse, there goes the neighborhood! Now who's gonna be the first to try and throw me off of this forum?
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Now really..........
Why would we want to kick you "Jesters" off of our the forum, I personally find your humor entertaining......and besides I cannot fault a guy for trying to improve his image. We all know that our image can be improved by hanging around well a respected community and I think thats why you chose the Bertram Community

Harry Babb
hb
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

A cockpit motor yacht. There goes the neighborhood!
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

keep coming back freebird, welcome
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I didn't buy my first Hatt to impress anybody
You have to be kidding. Or your a sick puppy!
A/K/A El Gaupo
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Its good you didnt buy it to impress anyone because we are not impressed but over time you will learn the errors of your ways and get a Bertram 31 and being in this sandbox is the first step. Remember baby steps first. Welcome and looking forward to you buying the BEST BOAT EVER BUILT.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

THIS is why I love you guys.
neil

Post by neil »

timmy will you take care of dinner in montauk .i can send you menus and all the details. if you dont want to do it,sucker someone else thanks neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

whats my cut?? Dug said he made , like 20k when he was running it.
Besides Neil, I'm going to be so busy getting the tubb to float I won't have time to make it the quality event that it needs to be. How about crowther, or capt dick, or one of the other guys with a mouse trap like mind for details?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Ahhh. Thudd my friend.

To quote shakespeare, "Methinks you type in error!!!"

I covered my costs. If I ever made 20 large, I sure as hell would still be doing it!!!!

Now, maybe you could figure out a way to come out on top like that!

D
Brewster Minton

Ill do the dinner thing Neil. I wanted to handle the fishing tournament part but call me and Ill take over what I can.
neil

Post by neil »

thanks brew i will email you some menu options but i vote for the lobster bake thanks again neil
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Let Brewster do the fishing thing. Then he can't win everything(gotta diqualify if your running the tourney) put randallllllllllllllllll and walther in charge.
Brewster Minton

I can do the lobster bakes if MYC does not mind. It would be 30 to 35 a head for 1.5 lbs lobsters, clams,steamers, mussels, shrimp and corn, butter and broth. We have chicken for the anti fish people and its free range. Let me know what the Faithful want and we can make it happen.
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Brewsta(thats boston from brewster, kinda like lobsta and paaak the caaa), stop it, your making me hungry already, and I normally only hve 6-8 cups of black coffie for b-fast. I'll never make dinner at this rate.
Fine Neil, Brewsta guilted me into helping(helping, not doing) If he has time to run his business, kill his and my share of fish and work your thingy, well I'll lend my limited talents to the swaray
CMP

Post by CMP »

If you're not in 3/4 lung island picking up motors, you damm well better be worling on that Tubbb...

CMP
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

I'm checking in on the tubb's wireless internet. The guys on 31 berts have that, don't they?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Yeah, in our homes....where it belongs. There's no cable in the canyon...

Oh.....I forgot.......you never leave the dock.......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
thereheis

canyon

Post by thereheis »

he did leave the dock just cannot make the canyon,,his etch-a- shetch erases from all the rolling of his hat...

phil
neil

Post by neil »

his etch a scracht is hooked up to his new gps timmmy will find his way
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

Neil, you da man.
Proff, I'm not even gonna dignify that cept to say you got no room , other wise you'd have it.
Btw I'm thinking a run down tue with the stuff, to pick up the stuff whtcha got going on??
Pats suck
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Ready
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Throw you off the forum??? Hell, we'll just wiat until you fall off the stool.
Let the fun begin.
Does this make three Hatts, now? They're insidious, creeping across our boarders, working cheap and paying no taxes.
Where will it end?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Capt. Mike Holmes

Hatts

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

They look like converts to me! Before long, they'll have to change the name of the Shootout to the Bertram-Hatteras/Hatteras Shootout!

Hope the Bertram company guys make note of this.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Well, they say you're often judged by the company you keep. Should we start to get worried or is this an attempt at image elevation?
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Timmy,

Now how many bar stools have you really fallen off of? Sure seems to be the way everybody meets you is when you hit the floor--THUDDD.......... and I quess drinking on a barge is not much different than the Tubb you think?, because they never seem to go anywhere. Just Wondering!

Welcome aboard Freebird, can you tell that this board adopts all kinds of boat owners and Timmy is our biggest recruiter.

R,
DQ
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Walter
Whos image are you thinking is getting elevated here?
Harry Babb
hb
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Harry- Theirs, of course!
Capt. Mike Holmes

Hatts

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Several years ago, we had a pretty hard blow overnight in Freeport, Texas. The next morning I was talking to folks at the fancy marina, and a young guy with an old 53 Hatt he was restoring asked if I slept aboard that night. Said he was tossed every which way all night. I told him I didn't really notice it, and when he asked how that could be, instead of explaining that the clunky marina I was in had a big ol' levee that blocks the wind real good, I just said, "Well, I WAS in a Bertram."

He cursed, of course.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Freebird

Post by Freebird »

Dang, this site is sorta picky, I think I just zapped myself!

I did a preview thing and lost myself, so let me see if I can remember what I said. I ran across a couple of Berts yesterday. Them things sure are hard on the props of a 70 Hatt! Seriously, I stayed in Daytona Beach last night, and I saw a couple of Berts at Caribbean Jacks Marina. One was a 28 and the other one was a little bigger. They were both floatin real nice, but they had little ripples all around them. I think our big Hatt scared them!

Now I'm at American Custom Yachts on the St Lucie west of Stuart. Lots of big stuff here, but no Berts. There is a 72MY in my marina in Palmetto which is a custom stretched 60 something with a cockpit. Maybe I'll take that one for a ride to see how they stack up with a Hatt. It sure is purty!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll try not to hurt anybody's feelings on here. I figure we all appreciate good boats, and we should get along just fine.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Welcome Freebird,

Hey, I won't hold it against you that you're a 2x looser ;-)

I'm a two time winner, B35 & B20, at least that's what I tell myself when I'm not working on one or the other.

btw, just cause you're fren's with Thuddddddd.... we won't hold that against ya either.

JohnD
Chiles

Post by Chiles »

The Hatteras virus is spreading. Next thing you know you'll hear "Hey, I have a Bayliner but I really like Bertrams so here I am" or even "I'm having trouble finding a way to mount outriggers on my sailboat"

Is there a Hatteras virus detectors out ther for these web sites?

Just kidding, Welcome to the site. I'll officially declair it open season on Freebirds and any other Hatteras owner when we get to know you better. :)

Chiles
(Timmy started it)