water pump capacity?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

wlbsr

water pump capacity?

Post by wlbsr »

would anyone care to guess the gph capacity of the raw water pump at normal 120v rpms in a nextgen 3.5? Thanks Bill
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I ran my 5KW Northern Lights on a 5 gallon bucket and it emptied the bucket in very short order......like less than a minute.

I'm gonna guess that your pump has a 3/4" suction hose......and will pump about 500/700 gallons per hour......I'm also guessing that the genset runs at 1800 RPM.

I don't think it matters much what kind of Genset it is or what kind of engine it is......mostly the pump size and RPM.

hb
hb
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

I changed the burned out impeller in my 3.5 and don't see how it could pump much water, it's a very very tiny impeller,very very
Bill
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

What size is the discharge line on your pump?

hb
hb
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

from the looks of the output seems to be much less than a 2000 gph although it is hard to tell because of the larger discharge size and the discharge location at the water line.

harry - i will check the output size in a day or two when i am at the boat (i think its an inch or an inch and 1/4

i am having to re-route this intake because of a tight corner from the original installation so it would be a good time to put in a valve and a pickup for an additional emergency pump. just dont think it is worth the effort for less than 1000 gph.
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315