Old men and old planes.. Remembered....

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Old men and old planes.. Remembered....

Post by IRGuy »

A short tribute to the men and planes of World War II....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1oB8sG ... e=youtu.be
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Didn't know I was old yet,,,nice
Bill
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I'm old enough to remember them all. As a kid I thought the P-51 Mustang was the most beautiful plane in the world. 67 years later, I feel the same....the Bertram 31 of fighter planes.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Beautiful! ! kinda brings a tear to watch.

Thanks

hb
hb
randall

Post by randall »

thanks.....my dad flew 56 combat missions. of his original crew of 13....3 survived the war.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

At the most recent Blue Angels show in Pensacola a WWII Flight Instructor was allowed to go up in an SNJ.

The evening News reported that once in the air the pilot allowed the Vet to take control. Its reported that the ole guy fell right back onto his old skill set and flew the plane flawlessly.

I am really proud that these guy are being recognized. My uncle, an ole PT Boater, Gunnersmate, cannot hardly talk about the war and his experiences without tearing up.

In 1996 he and I visited the PT boat museum in Fall River Mass. It was quite an emotional visit for him....and me....just watching him.

Dr Barry Booth, a denist here in South Alabama, sponsers the Honor Flight several times a year. He takes war Vets to Washington DC to visit WWII Memorial. Its incrediable how much response and help he gets from the community and how much these Vets appreciate the visit. A lot of these guys are confined to wheel chairs, but still give it their all.

Not sure how this all fits in, but reflecting on the video just got me thinking.

hb
hb
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

My dad was a Navy Pilot - career man -- thanks for the wonderful memories. He passed away 22 years ago, but I proudly display a lot of his memorabilia.

In my basement I have a full set of TomCat stickers - nice memories of him with all of his woodworking tools!

Best regards,

Tom