OK Now its really the last trip of the year

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

OK Now its really the last trip of the year

Post by JP Dalik »

FIshed for Tunas last Saturday and found a few on sandeels but no bites, scattered fish pretty bumpy (read as 1 foot of standing water on the bow, now and again)

Went back Sunday I guess because it was colder and I'm just not that smart. Took little Neil, my son Cort and myself. Got to the spot found the tunas got 2 good shots at them with the plugs and nothing. Trolled ballyhoo's and game on,,,, well not so much turned out to be a 26lb striper that fell in love with the horse bally on a planer way back. The kids cut it up and we ate bass not tuna that day.

Got on a plane Monday and find out the fishing broke open with the tunas staying on the bait balls longer and giving the guys fishing a few more shots per school. At least one fish was caught- nice one looked over 100lbs.

So now I've got Sat and Sun to try and catch one of these ghosts and that's it. Seems I'm one of the last boats on there list to take out and the shrink wrap guy goes on vacation the end of next week.

Wish me luck boys, if anyone wants to jump on there could be a spot Sunday.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

at least we receive a little taste jp. trolling in 90' of water with penn senators 4/0 with monel on last day of bass season we came across a pod of bluefin on a school of herring . a 200 lbs plus took our lure and spool the reel we quite surprise hitting a stripe bass trolling rig of dredge of herring. i really need brewster or you to make this happen or make these giant bluefin hanging out at fire island inlet offshore a targeted species land one your a better man them me. nothing but dreams on this boat. next year i will go with kite fishing . watching them swim under the boat is getting to me.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473