Where can I get a good aftermarket heat exchanger for a 6BTA

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

renegademike

Where can I get a good aftermarket heat exchanger for a 6BTA

Post by renegademike »

Hi guys I need a heat exchanger for my 5.9 cummins. I found one at partman.com for $920

Is there a big difference between the copper only ones and the nickel copper ones. I have never had to buy one before and Iam a little lost.

Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mike T (renegademike)
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Mike
I purchased a Heat Exchanger and installed on one of my new install gas engines one time....and it seems like I bought it from Iboats. It turned out just fine and cooled great.

I have bought other parts from Partman and found all merchandise to be of acceptable quality.

I am sure that one day I will also need to replace my Cummins heat exchangers.......If Cupro-nickle is available it would be my first choice....but will cost more......but well worth the money....they will far outlast the copper units.

Personally I would not hesitate to buy and install the ones listed on the Partman website

hb
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

These guys are great to deal with. All they do is marine coolers. I put their cupro nickel oil coolers on my boat. Good prices and nice to deal with. Been around since 1972

http://www.lencocoolers.com/
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

Rawleigh wrote:These guys are great to deal with. All they do is marine coolers. I put their cupro nickel oil coolers on my boat. Good prices and nice to deal with. Been around since 1972

http://www.lencocoolers.com/
Partman which is Light house marine supply gets those exchangers from Lenco and they are the same price for the cummins B at least it was 3-4 years ago when I needed one.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Bruce Sweet

Post by Bruce Sweet »

Lenco, Lenny saraga was the owner . he passed away a long time ago. his son robbie is running the place. only way to go . tell him bruce sweet said hi.