Cabo Charity Tourney (Black & Green Tournament)

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Cabo Charity Tourney (Black & Green Tournament)

Post by MarkS »

This was the final result of the Black & Green Tourney that I had co-coordinated over the past 4 years. We were supposed to be there but Mara's condition has worsened and we stayed home. My compadres however had already commited money and reservations which were non-refundable so they went, added a few friends of ours from previous tournaments to the team, changed the name of the team to Mara's team and proceeded to take 2nd place! I sure would have loved to fish, swim with the dolphins and eat tacos with my baby girl but it was not meant to be at this time.

Other B31 board noteables, Danny McKinney and John Cranston ended up in 8th position this year.

Here are the standings;

From RedRum blog...

Great times were had, lots of fish were caught….let’s hope tonight everyone breaks out their wallets and we can raise some good money for the kids of Los Cabos.

After 4 years and 4 top 5 showings, Mike Ray and the Texas Tuna Tacos took top honors this year with 321 points on day 2 for a total of 714 points.

Mara’s Team, consisting of Dan and Mary-Jo Wanty, Dgus, and Walker Harrington had a day 2 total of 214 points for a total of 636 points and 2nd place in the tournament.

N2 Deep, a new team this year had an awesome first day with a Blue Marlin that scored double with the tournament lure and followed up with 132 points on day two for a total of 622 points and 3rd place overall.

The rest of the teams….

10,000 Lakes 216-366—————582

Bite Me 407-162—————569

Marlin Maniacs 112-414—————526

Baja Borrachos 368-148—————516

Reel Cowboy 215.5-283————-498.5

Kooteney Killers 166-290—————456

Happy Hookers 351-25—————-376

Dropping A Line 172-193—————365

CaboHolics 215-50—————-265

Drunken Donuts 179-84—————-263

Thanks to all that participated for your support over the years. RedRum Sportfishing would not be where we are today without your help.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Dug

Post by Dug »

Mark,

My thoughts and prayers go to Mara, you and your wife, it seems there is not a day when you guys don't cross my mind.

I know we've never met in person, but it doesn't matter in the least. That cute little blonde girl has a magical smile, and I know she displays it well!!!

I hope you guys have fun with Halloween!!!!

Your Friend,

Dug
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Dug we had a great showing of Mara's teachers, friends and family tonight.
She made it for most of the evening before she just couldn't anymore and I slid her under the covers and laid with her until she started to snooze.

The many well wishes from this forum add to my strength or weakness as it were and from You, Walter, John Cranston, Danny McKinney, Tom, Bruce, Randall, UV, Mike O, Harry, Andre, Louis and Patrick for this place to share good and bad, I am surely forgetting some fine folks I can only say I hope to enjoy a time at some point.

Bertram parts and advice? That just scratches the surface of the caliber of the folks here.

All of you here, you and all your loved ones stay well,
Mark

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mark

Our prayers go out to you and your family. I know Mara has a tough battle ahead but form what you have said, she seems like she remains determined to fight. That is what counts.

We will keep Mara in our thoughts and prayers.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Thanks Tony!

In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Our thoughts and prayers are a small part of a big equation, but an important part. Much strength my friend. Walter
coolair

Post by coolair »

Mark
I am just glad you some how got John out of first, i think his ego was getting a little inflated! HAhA just kidding. I wish i could have been there as i know you did. Hang in there and we are thinking and praying for you and Mara. Let me know if you need anything when you are in town.
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Mark,

You and your family were missed, but were still a large presence at the dinners. Mara was in the thoughts and prayers of those present. Sorry I missed you on the phone call last Thursday night. Dgus was trying to get back in touch with you but it wasn't working out.

I hope Mara had a good night tonight with her friends and family.

Danny