Stem-to-Stern.com ???

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MikeD@Lightningshack

Stem-to-Stern.com ???

Post by MikeD@Lightningshack »

I ordered $275 worth of ignition/tune up stuff from these guys in late november. I just recently realized this stuff never came in? Their phone number as listed on the website is dead. I cannot find a listing in the entire state of Ohio for them. Don't get ripped off like me. They have a nice website and appear to still be taking orders.

www.stemtostern.com

If anyone knows anything about them please fill me in.

Thanks
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Mike,

There in a state of shock thru the whole state after last nights buckeyes ass whupping. I would e-mail them for a response.

DQ
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Can you dispute it with your credit card company? They may be able to investigate it further for you.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
clay

Post by clay »

You can file an online complaint with the Ohio State Attorney General. I suggest that after you file the complaint you follow up with a phone call to make sure they received the complaint.

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/citizen/consu ... laints.asp

Clay
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Mike,

Rawleigh is right! If you paid with a credit card you can get your money back.

The Bookie's lost there butts on that one last night!

DQ
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

DQ - I usually never bet on football any more, but last nite I had a feelin'''''''''''. what a humiliating butt kicking the Gators put on the Black Eyes......

Ditto the credit card deal, but you have to do it pretty quick. Since the late 70's there has been a federal law that if you buy something on your credit card more than 50 miles (guess its statute miles, not nautical) from where your principal domicile is (in lay terms "where you'se stay") and don't like it, you can tell (not ask, they have to do it) your credit card company to charge it back to the vendor's account and credit your account pending resolution. The credit card co. will send you a form (try to get them to email it to you in pdf), you have to fill it out and send it back, so be quick.

I've invoked this law a few times over the years, the latest last year when me & the Bride were staying in Miami Beach at a hi-dollor hotel for the anti-q show and she moved some stuff around in the mini-bar to make room for some left-overs from Emril's restaurant. Well, after we checked out, say a week or so later, I noticed a charge to my credit card (I have it thru a brokerage, so can view it online in real time) and it was from this hotel. Called, got a run around, more calls, turns out it was a mini bar charge for some peanuts and other crap out of the mini bar. Well, we don't eat no peanuts, etc. Turns out they now have those mini bars wired up so if something is moved and not put back in a certain time, it just charges your room.........So I had it charged back, wrote them a shitty lawyer letter, and they credited me back again. Yeah, I got credited twice, just let it ride, and finally my credit card co. reversed one of the charges.

Anyway, do the charge back and I like the idea of the atty. general of Ohio getting involved. Make sure you tell him you are NOT from FL tho.....

UV
MikeD@Lightningshack

LOL! good stuff... thanks again! I'll try all of those things...

really kicking myself for not noticing this earlier. I needed one of the parts really fast as the weather changed for the better and we ended up getting one more trip in on Thank Giving weekend, which was regrettable do to ethanol issues. (Another problem that you guys help solve!)

I wound up buying the one essential part locally, and after the trip and all the problems, I never realized the others parts didn't make it in. Throw Chistmas and a move in, and now 2 months down the road the credit card route is probably dead, I will call them anyway to see what they say.

such a shame, they actually had a nice website that was really convenient for locating part numbers for all OEM marine engine parts.

I actually used the website for years to find part numbers but always bought stuff through a local trusted source... unfortunately they didn't have the part, so I gave this website a try.

for all I know at this point, their phones never worked, and they've been scamming credit cards for years.

thanks Again,
I let you know how it turn out.

Mike
STeveZ

Re: Stem-to-Stern.com ???

Post by STeveZ »

I just followed your link and dialed the number. The recording said that the number has been changed and provided the new number.

Give 'em a call, your order probably just fell between the cracks.
MikeD@Lightningshack

The New Number has been disconnected. When I dialed information in OH they had no listing for the company. I have sent several emails to their address as shown on the website without a reply.

Hope you're right, and thanks for calling, right now I have very little hope.

be carefull is all I can say. Doesn't seem right. Especially being theat the website is still taking credit card numbers.

mike
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Sorry to hear that. I used to shoot skeet in Madison, OH.
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

This happened to me three yrs ago. It was for 3 grand. I was upset. I got hold of the vender and told him, "three grand hurts me but it won't kill me. I'm going out Saturady night and have a steak dinner. But 3 grand is going to ruined your life." I said some other things and then called UV. He told me about the cr card law. I was down to the bank in a New York Minute. I got a credit to my cr card acct the next week! Don't know what happened to the vender and who cares anyway?

The lesson: always pay by cr card ...
A/K/A El Gaupo
MikeD@Lightningshack

Talked with credit card company the other day.

They said they will put the charge under dispute, and they will try to resolve it, she said I will not be responsible for the charges.

I think Mr. Dean summed it up well... Always pay by Credit Card.

thanks again,

mike
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Good news! I hope it works out fairly for you!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31