Ship Shape TV

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

TailhookTom

Ship Shape TV

Post by TailhookTom »

I posted that topic with knowledge that Bruce and/or Capt. Patrick might put me in their crosshairs, lol.

However, did anyone see Aquahog featured on there this weekend? Beautiful 31 owned by the owner of Mossberg Firearms. Kept right here in Connecticut as well.

Show sucked as it was the John G. was trying to play spec ops with marine grade defense weapons, I'm sure the pirates were laughing.

But, he did mention he has a Bertram 31 he is going to redo as well???

Tom
Richie Rich

Post by Richie Rich »

l think his is a 20 foot moppie.....he restored that over 5 years ago on his show
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Tom

The show with the 31 redo is old. He started that job on TV about 5 years ago. I gave up on that show a long time ago.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
RussP

Post by RussP »

Anyone with a half ounce of self respect would drop the extra pounds and get in shape before the hosted a TV show.

JMHO

RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Tom,
John G had a 31 that he was working on at American Marine in Stuart about a mile from my house. I don't know if he ever finished it, I did the 3 rd or 4th show he ever did, how to install a 951X NorthStar, known him for years. A greek PT Barnham if you know what I mean.
Pete
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I wasn't really paying attention until I saw the Aquahog, I didn't realize the episode was 10 years old or more. Then again I had my 7 month old black lab and his sister who is 3 years older (brother and sister, different littters) playing tag team wrestling in my family room. I was dogsitting my sister and brother-in-law's dog which meant there was 130lbs of labs romping and chasing -- kind of hard to pay attention to the Billy Maze of boat supplies!
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

While I know some don't have positives to say about shipshape tv. I can say when the show first came out it was an eye opener for me. I really had no idea of how many businesses there were out there that focused on refurbishing and upgrading boats.

It also provided some weekend morning entertainment in january and February which you all know up north anything boat and fishing related to get you dreaming about the spring is therapeutic.

Haven't seen the show in many years I just looked it up on fox sports NY. For that matter most of the fishing shows disappeared from espn 2. I've got to figure out what network they are on.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Carl

Post by Carl »

I'm with you Pete, I enjoy anything boat related on TV and don't mind a little snicker here and there watching a "True Expert" go at it.

Entertainment...
Dug

Post by Dug »

Pete,

Versus network.

Dug
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Dug:

I just enjoyed watching Dean Travis Clarke fishing in a South Florida Swordfish Tournament --- looked like he had a lot of fun. Versus on Demand is a nice way to break up a bit of insomnia!

Tom
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Been looking a few up. Spanish fly is on outdoor channel. Don't think I get it at home will have to check. I do get versus and the only thing I ever see on is tred barta. I'll have to check the schedule.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939