B31 Tiny Tad

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Chanse

B31 Tiny Tad

Post by Chanse »

TINY TAD was the first B31 that I ever saw. She charter fished salmon
out of Waukegan, Ill in the 70’s. I fished near her at times to watch that graceful hull cut the water. She was up for sale occasionally and went thru various owners. I would always check her out, but I was only dreaming.
Fast forward into the late 90’s (I think) while ridding my bike on Washington Island, WI. Visiting the town dock I scanned the boats in Jackson Harbor and saw the unmistakable outline of a B31. I fired up my bike and rode over to check her out. Yep she was none other than the Tiny Tad! For several years she was moored at that same dock but I never did see her leave the harbor.
One day I saw her on the hard in a field sporting a For Sale sign. She was there for several years then moved to another field. One day she was gone. She had 454 gassers and was rumored that she may have been purchased by a company in Florida for rebuild and resale. The owner was ill and never very informative and a number of people including myself wondered what really did happen to her, where did she end up?
Where is the TINY TAD?
Mack

Post by Mack »

I could be mistaken but I believe their is a B31 in Worton Creek Marina's "inventory" by that name.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

Absolutely Unbelievable! I was just kinda fishin' not thinking someone would actually find her. BUT yes thats the ole' TINY TAD sitting in Worton Creek marina waiting for Remanufacture. The marina was kind enough to reply to my inquiry.
Thanks Mack for your observation and reply.