bero13010473
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Brave young man! !

hb
hb
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

These men do not get enough credit that they deserve and rarely get the the "thank you" that they do not ask for.

A few years ago I was eating at a cracker barrel. A serviceman was eating there with his wife and child. I could tell that he had just returned from a tour and quite possibly had just met his young infant a few days earlier. His waitress walked by and I stopped her. I wanted to pay for their meal and thank him, but I wanted it to be anonymous. They finished eating and asked for their check. Waitress told him that it had been taken care of and thanked him for serving.

He stood up, looked around and you could tell that he was grateful and surprised for receiving a "thank you" that he never asked for.

I need to do that more often. Living in Indonesia right now, I realize every day things things I took for granted!

Ian.
randall

Post by randall »

ian......hats off to you....everyone should do that.

the story about how this brave young man enlisted is pretty funny. smart recruiter.
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Really good to see the honor these young men are receiving nowadays..
but the lack of air support is sad.. Way to go..
W
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

A friend who is a retired cop started a group several years ago to support our troops who return from the military with injuries and needed wheelchair ramps, doors in their homes widened (for wheelchairs), special handicapped vehicles. etc. His organization has morphed into a general support group for all service men and women, especially those on active duty. A couple of times a year he does a "packages from home" campaign where people donate goodies, snacks, magazines, toiletries, small games, etc and we package them up and send them to units Iraq and Afghanistan. Local grade schools make drawings and such with messages from the kids, and several adults usually show up with notes to tell whoever opens a box how much we are grateful for their service. We store all the stuff in a local armory and usually meet on a Sunday to pack the boxes.

Each time we are getting the boxes ready there are several soldiers around. Most people who know me would not say I am at all a humble person,.. but it is one of the most humbling things I have ever experienced to have a young soldier who just returned from active duty in the war walk up to me and thank me for what I am doing for his buddies overseas. It is almost impossible for me to answer him because I get such a lump in my throat that I can't talk. I encourage all of you to take some time on occasion to get involved in some way in some type of activity that supports our troops overseas! It doesn't take a lot of time, but the rewards are enormous!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Great interview on 60 minutes. A real sad situation.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939