Just want to say HI and thankful your O.K.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Rocky

Just want to say HI and thankful your O.K.

Post by Rocky »

Hi guys, haven't spoke with you for a while now, but sounds like you've weathered the storm with minimal damage and am grateful for that. I myself have been letting the old girl sit without engines or direction for now, but the drive and inclination is still there for sure, just finances keeping me from my dream of getting her going again. For all my Brethren out there I wish the best, and wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Rocky, Nice to hear from you, we weathered the storm just fine, lost power for a week but all is well...get back to work on that boat...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Rocky,

Good to have you back on board. I'm getting back into the game myself. No matter how long it takes for you to get her running, she will still be the classic that she's been for 50 years.

Tommy
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Hang in there Rocky....persistance is the key.

Good to hear from ya....stay in touch here.

hb
hb
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've heard "the money's in the iron" here many times before and, wow am I finding that to be true.. Slow and steady, right?!!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Great to hear from you!

Been a tough summer to say the least...

One good thing about the 31, when you do get back to her...she'll still be in style with those classic lines.

If I recall you where toying with going back to the big blocks, keeping the diesels as a backup scenario. Let me add some wood to the fire...At the NE Rendezvous I was talking with Bob on the Frayed Not, he repowered with small block 350's and has some pretty impressive numbers for speed and economy. What I also loved is there is room in the engine compartment to get all around them with ease. Don't even need to cut a hole in the bulkhead to change belts...

Welcome back,
Carl
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hi there Carl, it's been a while! Yes I was contemplating the 6.2l MPI small blocks for some time but the boat is at a point (no engine beds/stripped) were the steyr diesels (256) just sound like a good install, not to mention would be the only 31 on the west coast I know with them, as long as I've got support for them over this direction.The fuel burn #'s are very impressive to say the least on them. Rich Alley I think was the guy to talk to when it comes time to invest in them. Range is a possible concern when I'm going past the continental shelf for tuna. Maybe by the time I gather my "funds" for these, the 256 will have come down in price a bit. Until then, workin like a dog!