GO PRO camera

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tom

GO PRO camera

Post by Tom »

Bought me a HD Naked Go Pro, not sure what's naked about it but anyway...The little thing is bad ass. Mounted it on a cross bar on my tower within finger reach. Used it the first time this weekend. Other than no one on the boat wanting to read the directions thus missing a swordfish and white marlin bite, it is great. Beautiful HD video and stills. Got a grab bag of mounts. Even have one for the bride's surfboard. She was hesitant to use it until she saw my weekend video.

Got to figure a mount out for my shotgun and thinking about a helmet cam for the lab come bird season.

Now all I have to do is figure out how Youtube works. I'm going to wake up dead one day with the best collection of videos on my computer because I cannot figure out to get them out of this little box. I'm sure the kid will help me in a year or tow when she turns 6. Anyway, recommend it for relatively short money.

FYI Matt, you should have gone. Swordfish, a Sail, White Marlin, Blue Marlin, tunas, wahoos, even some deep drop meat.
Viva la Presidente!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Viva la Presidente!
coolair

Post by coolair »

Look here is the deal, IF I go, the fishing will suck, so alwas ask me i will say NO 90% of the time and you will catch fish. The weekend before Poco my buddy asked me to go, I didnt, he taged 2 nice blues.

Ya a guy my bro takes fishin has a go pro he mounts on the back of the t-top and filmed a bunch of swords and stuff. Havent used one but heard good things about them
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

you say short money well you could have fooled me! very sharp and clear even when you shorten the focal distance from center rigger to hand held.i see you master the camera to you tube upload could you shed some light on the rest of us.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

There is some great video on utube of a GoPros mounted on dredges. The video is awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRvybj6b ... e=youtu.be
1976 FBC
3208 NA
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I have one on mine, it works like a charm. Recommended you use a class 4 SD card.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Capt. DQ wrote:I have one on mine, it works like a charm. Recommended you use a class 4 SD card.

DQ
It seems the quality degraded when uploaded to Utube. Not sure what a class 4 is but I'm using a Sandisk Extreme HD. 30MB/second.

The tuna and marlin video was great. Tunas reminded me of a bunch of bumblebees.
Viva la Presidente!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Tom,

Your SD card should have it stamp somewhere on it saying class (4) or it will have a 4 circled meaning class 4. If you read the instruction sheet it recommends you use a class 4 SD card because of that reason supposely.

Try one and see if it changes is all I can recommend, check out this video which is pretty clear, I love this short clip as it is just like you are MX Racing, just like I remember back in the day. Wish we would have had these little guys back then.

Be sure to expand to full screen to feel the experience of it. Enjoy the scenery also.

DQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jAIzog ... r_embedded
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Diego

Post by Diego »

I got mine a few months ago and works great. I have the class 4 card in 32 GB and it is amazing how much video time you can get on that thing. Im looking for different places to mount it, for good fishing video. Underwater works great have been diving with it up to 65 feet and works great. Highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpy6fml7Tm8
Bertram 31- Panama
"Catalina"
Matt Holcomb

Video

Post by Matt Holcomb »

Nice!!! I am going to get one of those. I just bought a new camera for my next trip. Nikon D7000 with their 70-200 VRII Lens. Its fast....we will see how it works. I think I will put the helmet cam on the mate......

Your boat looks really good.

Best,

Matt
randall

Post by randall »

i might get one too....water shots mounted on the board.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Thanks Matt, the camera is really great and the underwater resolution is fantastic. If you are looking for more of a professional pack, take a look at Latham Cams (Mike Latham) makes a hell of a product, outrigger cameras that record to a hard drive. Im looking into it for the riggers.

D
Bertram 31- Panama
"Catalina"