Bleed Valve - Thermostat cover - Mercruiser 7.4L

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

combackid

Bleed Valve - Thermostat cover - Mercruiser 7.4L

Post by combackid »

My Boat is down in the Bahamas and is undergoing a rebuild by local mechanics. Needless to say, they don't have access to mercruiser. The guys have done something with both bleed valves (the one on top of the thermostat housing) and insist they need new OEM valves. I have an old picture of the housing/bleed valve and it looks like a brass valve about an inch and a half or so high, maybe 1/8" or 1/4 " diameter.

I have looked on 25 or so part sites, and, for the life of me, I cannot find these things. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Mark
captbone

Post by captbone »

If you can get the serial number I can get your the part numbers for you. FWC or RWC?
combackid

Serial Number

Post by combackid »

I actually have that. It is 0F224566. I get confused with the terminology, but I think it is a closed system with sea water that cools the coolant through a heat exchanger.

Thanks a bunch.
captbone

Post by captbone »

The parts diagram did not show anything like that. Here are all the parts for the entire thermostat housing for the Mercruiser inboard that were shown.

Thermostat housing 55131A5
Thermostat 8052732
Sleeve 47508
Gaskets 48818 1 and 47510 and 53045 1
Cover 47442A1

I hope that helps.
combackid

Post by combackid »

I had the same problem. Some of the new covers come with a simple plug instead of the bleeder valve, which is causing me to think it was an aftermarket valve that someone added along the way.

Thanks for the help
Peter

Post by Peter »