calling luis

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

kipp

calling luis

Post by kipp »

Wife and I leaving this Saturday(23rd) for Lisbon. There a few days, and then to Madeira on the 27th for the rest of the week. Any advice on things to do and see.
Thanks, Kipp
luis

Post by luis »

Hi kipp, nice to have you here.
Let me know your fly number and I'll pick you up in the airport (if you see a guy with a Bertram cap and with a sign saying "KIPP", its me) and take you to your hotel. Then we can have a talk and decide what to do.
On things to see the best advise is to take you directly to the places that people like to see and take pictures. And also to some old places that normally tourists dont go (cause the bus cant pass through those small streets).
On things to do , even considering that you wanna go somewhere alone with your wife, I believe you wanna taste some of the good food we have were as well as the good wine and on that I want to show you that I'm a good fork/glass.
Not those fancy,squisite restaurants where when they serve the main plate you are starting to think that maybe those are the entries, no, places where you taste the food, you eat well and you dont stay with the felling that you broke something ( when they present the bill)
For the moment my work is at home and only in the middle of August should I travel abroad. So , now its a good time for you to come.

Nice to have you here , just in case you need my mobile phone is
+351 918748171

All the best
1969 Hull #313-897
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Is this a great Board, or what!
Terry Frank

Post by Terry Frank »

Amen
Happy to be here. Happy to be anywhere.

Terry
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

You the MAN Luis....local knowledge is a key to a great vacation..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kipp, Pictures, pictures.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
kipp

Post by kipp »

Thanks Luis. We already have booked airport transfers, and a half day Lisbon tour on Sunday. Should have posted earlier. You obviously have us cajuns (Vic, Andre,Me.....) figured out. Food and drink are our top priority. Would love to take you to dinner Sunday evening. You pick the place. My cell number is 225 268-5617, and we are staying at the Pestana Palace hotel. Look forward to meeting another sandbox member.
Already have my camera packed.
Kipp
luis

Post by luis »

All right, no problema.
Anyway, first I wish you and your wife a nice and peacefull fly. During the last days we have lots of wind, mainly N, morning , afternoon, night and it seems could keep on going like this.
Looking to your schedule , saturday I go to the farm keep doing work on the Bertram but I return home Lisbon Sunday after lunch. The farm is just one hour away.
Sunday around 07:00PM (my time) (more or less) I should ring you and then we can meet in your hotel and follow for a nice dinner (hope you both like or I am doomed)(my wife already told me that our food could not be your taste but if I see you making a bad face , I can always ask for grilled fish and thats done).
Enjoy the tour (its a open bus and they go to the usual places for pictures and cityseeing) Its a nice tour.

Have a nice flight.
Looking forward to meet for the first time a Bertram brother.
1969 Hull #313-897
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Tommy wrote:Is this a great Board, or what!
You said it all, brother.

This is topshelf brotherhood at its best.....

Luis....you come to the Gulf Coast and I will treat you to hospitality....Southern Style.

hb
hb
luis

Post by luis »

Thanks Harry, one of these days ... I have to go.
Mainly to one of your gatherings , and as long as I find a bed for the wife , I just can sleep anywhere. Food , wine and a handful of hay are my priority needs.

All the best
1969 Hull #313-897
kipp

Post by kipp »

Seems as though Luis is calling for A Gulf Coast B 31 gathering. Any of the faithful interested? I can get a couple of camps,plus mine. Cypress Cove is trying hard to be a more friendly place now that Rene Cross owns it. They would work with us I'm sure. Fall is a great time for fishing offshore of Venice, but I'm willing to travel. What ya'll think?
Kipp