Jimmy G--Poet, Artist, Purveyor of Fine Bertram Memories

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Josh Johnson

Jimmy G--Poet, Artist, Purveyor of Fine Bertram Memories

Post by Josh Johnson »

I hope I'm not being presumptuous in posting this video for Jimmy G, but it's one that should be shared with all lovers of classic Bertrams and things nautical and beautiful in general.

I was re-enjoying the wonderful Challenge Cup 2009 video (How Far Is Heaven?) that Jimmy G made and shared, and decided to look a little deeper--and this is what I found. A thing of beauty, and some of the most gorgeous real-life shots of the Bertram 31 I've ever seen. And the glowing young girl at the flybridge helm truly almost made me burst into tears--so beautiful, so innocent, so full of life. The man must have a heart of gold to have created such a lovely montage of images and memories.

I'm guessing he wouldn't blow his own horn here, so I'm taking the liberty of helping a little bit. Forgive me.

Josh Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9sJ46mW ... er&list=UL
Josh
sraab928

Post by sraab928 »

Anyone contemplating boat ownership - or selling a cherished classic should watch that video - Truly touching. Its amazing the joy boats can bring to our families.

Thanks for sharing.
Scott
1970 Bertram 25 fly bridge sport fish mark II
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Having just purchased my B31 and my son not yet being 2 years old I only hope to create that same montage someday.

Well done.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Dug

Post by Dug »

Jimmy and Josh,

thank you for sharing. I put the faces of my family, friends and myself in those places and it echo's the same.

Its why I do it all...

Thank you!!!!

Dug
Dug

Post by Dug »

I really wish I could share it on my Facebook page! But it won't "Share"!!!
Bill Mckinnon

Classic

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Watching that can bring fond memories to all. Your right thats why we do it and make the sacrafices we do for those few cherished moments these great boats bring to us

Capt. Biil

Charleston SC