2011 NC Rendezvous on 6/4

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

wlbsr

2011 NC Rendezvous on 6/4

Post by wlbsr »

2 links to some pictures from the 2011 NC Rendezvous at Cape Lookout and Harker's Island, NC. Thanks to Lin Spears, the Williams Family, the Maxwell Family, and everyone else that made this day possible.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... %20Harris/

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... 2011%20BB/
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Harv

Post by Harv »

nice pics and turnout!!
Harv
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

I liked this one... wish it were a little larger.

TSL Del Norte
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Great pics....looks like you guys had a good time....and that's what its all about......good job

hb
hb
John F.

Post by John F. »

Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bill, thanks for the great slide show that you provided through the posted links. As stated above, it was an outstanding event. Since we were having Capt. Patrick fly in from Texas, and Bruce and Shirley drive up from Florida, we knew we had to order up perfect venues and perfect weather; and no one was disappointed. John Haszard drove 7 hours from the Northern Cheasapeake area, and IRGuy drove up from Wilmington, so thanks to you guys for making the effort to attend. Thanks also to Lin Spears for heading up the event organization, and the Williams family and the Maxwell family for hosting the dinners. Seeing the wild horses on Shackleford Banks and climbing the lighthouse was just an added bonus. Watching Sawdust and Hat Trick racing to Cape Lookout through the glassy seas was worth the price of admission (but I'm still not sure who won)!

Tommy
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

had to post this one too. a picture of Rapscallion (Lin Spears) taken from Saw Dust (Joel Williams)

Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Its hard to express my sincere thanks to Tommy first and foremost for many things, but the most important was the fact that my wife had a wonderful time which means the most to me.

It also cannot be missed how hard Lin Spears and the people who helped him worked to put this wonderful event on.

My wife now understands why for the last 10 years I went out of my way or spent money to travel to different areas or many times broke even on repairs or dissapeared in the Cajun swamps for a week or so for a bunch of boat owners.

Not just any boat owners, but Bertram 31 owners. Some of the finest people in the world you will ever meet.

I can say that with authority after dealing with the general boating public both large and small for over 30 years.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I also want to thank Tommy, Lin, and everyone else who had a hand in the planning and execution of this great event. It was very nice to see wives and children enjoying themselves as well.

Not being a B33 owner and an ex sailboater I felt especially comfortable! LOL

I am looking forward to the next year's rendezvous.. assuming gas and diesel fuel aren't priced above $5.00 per gallon by then.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Capt.Frank

Post by Capt.Frank »

I am glad everyone had a great time. The weather this year was perfect light NE. I sure wish I cought have made it. I know Lin, the Maxwells, and Tommy work hard getting that event together every year.
Always next year. Its been way over due as Tommy told me. Have not been for a long time but always fun. Harkers Island is a beautiful place for a party.
1976 FBC
3208 NA
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Tommy, Lin, and all from the NC Rendezvous,

Sorry for the slow reply, but been hell bent for leather since returning...

The even was great and I don't know how it could've been better. A real special thanks to you Tommy for your hospitality!

Lin you deserve high praises for your tireless and generous effort in coordinating and it's great that you have a complement of good supporters, especially Ann Maxwell and the Cross family.

And a sincere thanks for those who helped sponsor my visit, the highlight of which was the last leg of the flight in with Mason Williams aboard his Skylane. Couldn't have made it without you guys.

It was truly good to catch up with old friends and meet new ones!

Thanks again & best regards to all

Patrick
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

The dark hulled boat looks like an interesting refurbish---is the owner on the site--any details?
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

the dark hulled boat is the "Double Deacon" (black and gold). the owner is out of raleigh, nc and the boat was done in morehead city, nc. its a great looking boat and a fine job in and out. lin or tommy probably have more knowledge than i do... i just look foward to admiring it at the rendezvous once a year.
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bill is correct. The owner is an alum of Wake Forest University, and their school colors are black and gold, and their sports teams are known as the "Demon Deacons". The boat was a complete makeover, and they re-powered it with new 6LP-STE 315 HP Yanmars. I don't believe I have seen where the owner posted here, but he is dedicated to the B-31 and the faithful in the Morehead/Beaufort, NC area.