Incredible

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Incredible

Post by mike ohlstein »

NY State actually refunded the money I spent on a lifetime fishing license.

Thank you, Thomas Dongan.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

that was fast, thought you would have to wait at least 2 years.
1968 hull # 316 - 757
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Still have a pulse, Professor? In Connecticut our Governor would never give it back, even though he is a Boston College Law School graduate, he believes the U.S. Constitution is for the other guy. He recently signed into law a two year budget, which has a $2 billion "placeholder" for union concessions. Turns out the concessions are deferring raises to year 3. Not to go all political, but if you were residing in CT, you would be required to produce a death certificate in order to get your lifetime fishing permit fees back, even if the law was repealed!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I musta missed something Prof....was it your lifetime of theirs? Why the refund?

UV
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

My lifetime, Vic. NY passed a salt water fishing license law a few years ago, but it turns out that the Queen of England said that we don't need no stinkin license back in the 1620's. The right to go to the ocean and catch a fish to feed ones family is granted to all residents of the town of South Hampton.

There's actually a guy out east who catches a short bass every year and flaunts it......in an effort to overturn the size limits. The State won't bite (so to speak) and won't prosecute him.

At least that's the way I understand it. Perhaps Randall will clear it up a bit more.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

but now you have to registar
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

It was King James the 2nd.
randall

Post by randall »

no problem for me...i never bought the license. there are a few folks fighting the regs and one guy in particular. not sure about the short thing however....they dont seem to have any trouble at all cracking down . i can ask my friend the ex DEC agent.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Thanks for clearing that up Brew...I knew the Queen was pretty old, but didn't realize she was that old.

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

How the hell were they ever going to be able to police that when I regularly watch people filleting 18" Fluke when I am releasing 21" ones because they're not 21 1/2" which is the legal size. The whole thing was a joke and a ploy to get $$$ for the general fund. It is further exacerbated by some of the Fishing organizations arguing FOR the license as a means to prove to someone how many of us there are. How naive can you get? When have you ever heard of a fee lessened or cut. No one seems to comment on the silent ones like Dog licenses jumping 200% in one year, trailer registrations that were $17 being raised to $47 in one year, to say nothing about new car registration fees and license plates we don't need at a ridiculous up charge. I could go on an on. When was the last time someone checked your dog or trailer? Public safety? Baloney! It's for the money with no return for the person who writes the check.