Posting photos

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jrhaszard

Posting photos

Post by jrhaszard »

Bob H. I haven't figured out how to post photos here.I could email them but I guess I may need some extra program/application ( photobucket ) ? I am afraid I am not much of an electron person.More of a ferrous oxide kind of guy. Guess I'll have to have my wife show me but I hate doing that. BTW the engines are 6BTA.
BERG1847M80F
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

John,

Photobucket, or similar image hosting site, is needed to upload and store your images for web display. Bear in mind that most people just upload un-edited and overly large images. Photobucket displays the images both in thumbnail and full size, both linkable, but the best way is to edit your images before uploading them.

For this you need a decent image editor, but not anything as sophisticated as Photoshop. I've been using PhotoImpact for over 15 years and have found it's all I need for editing web images and at less than 10% the cost of Photoshop. PhotoImpact is a windows only software...

Create a directory on your computer, named whatever you want. Something like Images. Within that directory, create two more directories, one named Raw and one named Edited.

Upload the images from your camera to the computer by selecting "copy" and then paste a copy to both the raw and edited directories. Just leave the raw directory as a depository for future needs.

Open the edited directory and edit the newly uploaded images into a reasonable size, (I prefer 800x600 pixels for web images). Re-focus the images and save.

These edited images are now ready for uploading to Photobucket and use for anywhere on the web that you're allowed to link to them.

If you can fly jet air planes, you have more than enough gray matter to conquer image editing and web posting...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Guys,
Photobucket has editing abilities such as resizing thats works well so if anyone doesn't have a decent photo editing program, don't need to buy one.

Just post the pics to photo bucket and edit there.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Good to know, thanks, Bro...