Happy Holidays & Thank You!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Happy Holidays & Thank You!

Post by CaptPatrick »

Here's wishing all you a very happy and safe Holidays!

Over the past 7 years, you have all become a great & enjoyable part of my life. I always remain a bit awestruck that bertram31.com has developed into such a great meeting spot for so many good friends and great people.

I always have a hard time putting my emotions into words and hate tooting my own horn. But surfice it to say, you guys mean the world to me, literally. Your continued support and friendship continue to overwelm me. Without you guys this place wouldn't exist; we wouldn't exist as we do...

A very special thanks to Bruce, my best friend & to Uncle Vic who's become a very special friend & Top Board Member; my "Platinum Spark Plug".

Profuse thanks to those of you who's generosity continues to amaze me, including:

Harry Babb
Rod Cocuzza
Dick Dean
Trey Dibrell
Ed Cooke
Ed Curry
Terry Frank
Neil Franzoni
Ernest Fielder
Andre Fourier
Bill Fuller
Gary Jordan
Mike Kennedy
Timmy Kisieleski
David Esteves
Charlie Haws
Mike Holmes
Matt Holcomb
John McDonnell
Ed Millian
Daniel McKinney
Mike Moran
Peter Ramsey
Vic Roy
Dug Stowe
Tom Ward
Cross Williams
Bob Lico
Harry Woods
Dick Pamburn
Mike Ohlstein

Best Regards!

Patrick
Trey Dibrell

Post by Trey Dibrell »

No Patrick, we thank you. For being you and for all that you have done and continue to do for us.

Where on the site is the map to your house?

Da Judge
Dug

Post by Dug »

Patrick,

Ditto what the Judge said. Thank you very much for doing what you do, and having done what you did here. I couldn't ask for better, and I wouldn't.

It is my pleasure.

Dug
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I'll Third Ditto the above!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Doug Q
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks to you Patrick; you are "the straw that stirs the drink". Thanks also to Bruce for all his mechanical contributions, and to Vic for sparking so much constructive dialogue. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Happy New Years to all.

Tommy
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Da' Judge:
Where on the site is the map to your house?
Trey, http://bertram31.com/directions/

Br,

Patrick
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

It ain't Texas without you, me and Travis standing under your flags.

Yippi kai aaa cow patty.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

To all those in the armed services, God speed your journey home and wishing them all a safe tour of duty.
Last edited by Bruce on Dec 24th, '06, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Trey Dibrell

Post by Trey Dibrell »

Patrick--

I'm at my daughter's in Austin/Lakeway and was thinking about coming out to see your place, but now that it has started raining and turned shitty, I'll have to put that off for a while.

Da Judge
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin

Post by CaptPatrick »

Trey,

Just as well, I'm in Houston through Tuesday morning.... We'll catch up some day soon. Sure hope my hunk o' ground is gettin' wet!

Br,

Patrick
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Patrick and all of the Bertram 31 community.............I also appreciate being a part of the "B31 Community"...........I find this site educational and I try to share my experiences as I think they are appropriate.......and I also find you guys very entertaining.

Thanks again
Harry Babb
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Capt. Pat...

Thanks for what you do for all of us out here.. even those of us who might be faithful to another version of the "Best boat ever built!".. a Bertram is a Bertram, after all.. enuff said.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.. and Merry Christmas to everyone else here.. lets hope 2007 brings the best of the best.. our defenders in all parts of the world.. home safely.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Merry christmas Capt. Pat!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Captain Patrick- My check didn't make it in the mail before I ended up in the hospital but it will be there real soon. As a commentary on this site, the first two phone calls I got after coming out of the recovery room were from Uncle Vic and Patrick, followed a short while after by Randall and Mike. I can't express in words the way those calls made me feel. Walter
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Platnum Sparkplug with Cummins?! It's a good thing.
Walt, Congrats, you survived our health care system. Ya hoo! Remember, recovery is not a straight line. Once again I found this to be true.
Because of the orginal accident I have a very low threshold for narcotics addiction. Three days ago I took my last Codiene. Two days ago I went through physical withdrawal. A head ache that made my head glow, a lower backache that wouldn't let me lie still for more than thirty seconds. I'd actually fall asleep, wake up and find it had only seemed like a long nap. Actually ten minutes max. Damn, this night will never end. It did finally and now we do the weepy stage which for all of my friends is quite humorous. Everything (including Capt Pat's heart-felt message) reduces me to tears. For no aparent reason I'll be in the middle of a conversation and burst into tears and continue as though nothing was out of the norm. It will last a minute, the tears dry and I continue. Life is weird, but mostly wonderful.
God bless all of you for being there when I needed help or just an ear.
Looking forward to walking without crutches soon and getting back on the task at hand. DREAMSICLE!
Merry Christmas
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Mikey: Call me when you are ready for some entertainment!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Hi, Andre.
Dick Dean here!
I had a computer problem and forgot my pass word and such after it was fixed. This was just about the time UV put the post up.

So being such a great fan of Capt Patrick and the site, my accountant put a check in the mail unanounced (Jeez, I need spell check).

So now we are on again and I lost whatever seniority I had along with that pic when I was trying to drink up all the gin at Atlantic City.

A memo -- I've been told that I'm the only white guy drinking gin on Long Island. I don't know what this has to do with the site money. When you get to where I am, things happen.
And the rambling goes on.
I cooked a blue fish filet last nite -- used a skillet with some onions, garlic and some things I found in the spice rack. Wasn't too bad but wasn't too good either.

So, what's the name of Walter K.'s cook book? I'm ready and need it.

Another thing. I see a great difference in grand children as far as North-South, boy- girl. Couple weeks ago I brought home a striped bass. My seven yr old grand daugther was taken back and a little shook up with the size of the fish. Had this been south of here, a young-un may have said "let me hold 'em".

The weather has been so good lately, I'm ready to paint the bottom and get cleaned up.

Happy New Yr
A/K/A El Gaupo
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Dick...

Two issues..

First.. I bought two of Walter's cookbooks, gave one each to my wife and married daughter as Christmas presents, both are excellent cooks.. both loved them, and even I can use them as they have his sketches showing how to dress and prepare fish for cooking.. I got them just a few days before he went into the hospital.

Second.. Your oblique reference above to age.. I am getting up there as well.. but I subscribe to the saying..

"The older I get...
the better I was!"
Frank B
--------------
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Love that "the older I get . . . "
Too close to home.
On the Blue fish, only eat the little ones and remove the dark meat.
And when ever in doubt remember Vic's staple to culinary success, "first, make a roux."
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory Walter K

As far as Bluefish goes, I can understand not liking store-purchased Bluefish, but guys like us who catch them fresh and can be selective of the sizes we choose for cooking should derive delicious meals from them. Glad the gift purchased books were well received. Walter
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Walter...

How are you feeling? I have followed the strings about you, but haven't read anything recent.
Frank B
--------------
In Memory Walter K

I guess it's slow but sure. The operation was an interesting experience as although I was dead from the waist down and was expected to zonk out during the procedure, I heard the whole thing including the sawing and the hammering. They had me trying to stand up and walk the following morning and was checked out and on my way home on the third day. Presently, I'm confined to one floor at home, have a physical therapist coming over 3 days a week and walk with the aid of a walker. On the plus side, I haven't taken a pain killer in 10 days, and the food is a helluva lot better at home. Thanks for asking. I'm so glad your family liked my book. Have a great 2007! I'm looking foward to a new improved new year. Walter
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Walter...

Great to hear that you are not on painkillers.. not sure if I would like to be taking them, from all I have heard. I would imagine you have, or will have, your good days and your not-so-good days.. but stay with the program! I hope the physical therapist is 28, a beautiful blonde, and stacked! No, I'm not sexist, just wishing you some nice things to go with the difficult things.

Will watch for more from you here!

In your case I am confident 2007 will be a better year than 2006!
Frank B
--------------