high water

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

wlbsr

high water

Post by wlbsr »

one more and i will leave you alone for a while...i have 5 thru- holes in the forward bildge with only one automatic bildge pump. this area stays dry and the pump has never come on. i have 2 pumps at the back of the boat with indicators on the bridge showing when they come on. I have no indicator on the forward pump. i figured that if the frotn pump came on it would be very helpful to know this asap since it would probably mean that a hose has come off or a thru-hull had failed.

any suggestions on just wiring a audible and visual alarm to the automatic switch on this pump? would you go up to the bridge or maybe under the cabin deck and through the cabin bulkhead so it could be seen and heard on the dock? Thanks
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

in my sincere modesty could you explain the five thru holes in the foward bilge?
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
wlbsr

Post by wlbsr »

salt water wash down, AC, head in, head out... whoops 4
Bill

BERG1474M74J-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

no generator right! ok we can consolodate all that with one 11/2" thru hole on to a pipe and fitting manifold with 11/2" valve for safety. you can add and subtract fittings for more take offs like baitwell,etc.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Bill, I like the stand alone high water alarm, light at helm with a loud bell that lets you know the sh*t just hit the fan...can hear it from every where..my 2 cents BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Carl

Post by Carl »

bob lico wrote:no generator right! ok we can consolodate all that with one 11/2" thru hole on to a pipe and fitting manifold with 11/2" valve for safety. you can add and subtract fittings for more take offs like baitwell,etc.

You may not want to share thru hole with the "Head Out".

Also make sure you have that Head Out Fitting "Closed and Locked" when inshore. Coast Guard don't want to hear you only open when offshore.
Bill Mckinnon

Bilge water

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

I have an indicator light for the forward bildge so i know when it is on. At the dock my bildge always has water in it. Not sure where it comes from. Have all new thru hulls repacked rudders dripless shaft seals. Everything has be either repaired or replaced and still have the water. Boat sits bow down at the dock and the water is always in the front bidgle

Capt. Bill McKinnon
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

sim he actually posted two posts with same content i indicated thru hull and vavle for waste , thats the one that must be shut under normal conditions . to further clarify i should mention that that must be closed and locked, wire tie will suffice that cannot be opened to a line is usually between 21/2 miles to 3 miles off shore normally federal waters . so we we have two raw water thru holes, one for waste outflow and one for manifold. the bulkhead that is sealed is the main bulkhead that is the one with cabin door in fbc .from that point on water can flow freely to stern under fuel tank included.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473