Doing business with Australia?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Doing business with Australia?

Post by Bruce »

Anybody bought anything from the Aussies, how'd it go.

Seems cheap at first till you add shipping then insurance and the such.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I bought an International Fly reel from them a few years back. Excellent price re the exchange rate. The reel was in my hands in a week.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I've bought Ugg boots from there for years with no problems and got my stainless Bertram name & numbers as well as the logo, likewise zero problems. Have also bought pet supplies (the Bayer flea stuff) at about 30% of US prices.

In my mind, just another mail order place. Most of the Au shippers use DHL and I always get stuff within a week.

I've also done some silver transactions with eBay members down under with no problems.

UV
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Hold the phone - UV and Ugg boots in the same sentence? Those two seem mutually exclusive!
In Memory of Vicroy

Tom - when I used to travel a lot for Uncle Sugar my feet would get frozen on the planes & I'd live with a cold. Met a guy from Au on a flight who was wearing the Uggs and he introduced me to them, and gave me the name of his supplier down under. This is maybe 20 years ago...I got a pair and been wearin' them ever since....no socks, slip on, warm and farily cheap (was a lot cheapter till our lovely US dollar became worthless)

I guess since they have become popular they somehow got a fruitcake repuatation...to me they are one of the best things ever made...I have about 6 or 8 pairs and you can buy new insoles for them and make old ones like new. I now get mine from Nordstrom's dept. sto' in Seattle...the Ugg bramd is now made in Chiner.

I even have some "dress" uggs I used to wear to court.

UV
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

UV:

My Ugg slippers are waiting for me by the door - I forgot about the travel you used to do, I couldn't picture the heat and humidity and dealing with the sheep lining!

Tom
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

and now owned by decker outdoors . the bastards shipped operations to china but used the aussie sheep lining. if you invested 10,000 in decker outdoors it would have made you as weathy as uncle vic.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Uncle Vic, Who did you get the Bertram logos from?? Good stuff??BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory of Vicroy

Bob - got them from www.gameboats.com.au

the logos are first class as are the numbers. The 'Bertram" is a slightly different style from the original. All are solid stainless. The exchange rate is about twice today what it was when I bought mine, so they are not cheap.

I'm pretty sure I have some pix of the stuff I took for some of the Faithful after I got it, so you can send me a direct email and I'll send a pix or two.

royvictor@cox.net

UV