another question for Bob Lico

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

another question for Bob Lico

Post by JohnCranston »

Hi Bob,
You were very helpful in Greenport in showing me around your boat, and I appreciate it. Bob, I asked you about your scuppers and you gave me the name but I can't remember what it was. Do you mind giving me the brand, model and where would be the best place to get a pair? I'm slowly chugging away on Reel Cowboy and hope to splash her shortly.
Many thanks for the help.
John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

chugging away on Reel Cowboy and hope to splash her shortly
Whoa John! .......Are you lettin' it out that Reel Cowboy is really a drag queen?
Hyena Love

Cranston

Post by Hyena Love »

Nice seeing you on Saturday.

The autopilot we were discussing is the following:

Sitex SP70 (hand held) or SP80 (fixed mount controls).

I did the SP70. Install relatively straight forward. Rudder sensor, pump, brains, compass, and hand held controls.

Nothing fancy, no real bells or whistles, and thats fine with me. What I wanted was simply something to make the boat run in a straight line.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

the scuppers made by gemlux are 316 ss and work much better than the stock chrome over brass units self destruck with age ,they no longer hold back water when backing down among other ailments in the deep blue yonder. here is the link for the best of the best reccomended by raybo marine.

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog2010/plumbing-misc/845
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

You guys are the best!
Good one Capt Pat!
Ernest,
It was great speaking with you again and I wish that we had a little more time. Thanks for the info and give me a buzz when ya'll want to hang out for a bit. Cell # 713-906-0842.
Bob,
Thanks again for your help. I'm going to order a pair today. I might have a couple more questions in the near future if you don't mind.
By the way, I got to hangwith Ernest and Rob Chromy at a sword fishing seminar on Sat. Rob is doing well and fishing alot on the tournament circuit.
Thanks again.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john are you going to make it to this years greenport rendezvous? i know it`s a little early to set your itinerary for august but let me know if you can.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Bob,
We're wanting to make it, but it all depends on how many greenbacks we have to shell out on finishing Reel Cowboy. The next thing will be the enclosure...probably close to 4k on that alone. We'll try to be there one way or another.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok that will be great i .we will be going for a thrilling ride because your driving!! , and captain patrick will be sitting along side you.i will even put the performance props on like 40 plus.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Bob,
Don't worry. ..I'll do fine...what's your rubrail made of? Titanium?
Danny Mckinney called me a couple of weeks ago and told me that a local guy ran his 45 Cabo up on the jetties on his way back in, and that dude could see 20/20. The man working on my boat is best friends with the Cabo owner and said that they just f'd up. No other details. He hit the jetties at 10 pm, doing 28 knts, I might add, and didn't call the coast guard untill 3 pm the next day...some things make you go "hummmm".
The Cabo was completely out of the water and was on top of the jetty.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I was coming in in the shit after 40 hours, Was shooting for just to the right of the red flashing lite. Then I relized it was a truck on the beach. 5 secs longer and we would have gone up on the beach.