Check out this 9 minute clip on an 86 year old sniper

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tony Meola

Check out this 9 minute clip on an 86 year old sniper

Post by Tony Meola »

http://wimp.com/veteransniper/

Check out this WWII vet who used to be a sniper. He still has the eye to hit the target.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

quite a remarkable gentleman . those ww2 veterans are dying at a thousand a day .my father and all my uncles are gone now , heroes of the big war, in my house the flag flys every veterans day they are not forgotten!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Does make you feel good doesn't it?
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

In case you missed it, last week the last known surviving veteran of World War 1 passed away.. I believe he was 104 years old. He was the very last survivor of all the troops from all the countries that were part of the war. I believe he was about 16 years old when he entered the US Army. He had to lie about his age to get in, and later in his life he campaigned for recognition for all the US troops who participated.
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Three head shots at 1000 yards....That is awesome...and props to the guys who treated him like the HERO he is...Does make you feel good to know some good ones still out there..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Carl

Post by Carl »

Bob H. wrote:Three head shots at 1000 yards....That is awesome...and props to the guys who treated him like the HERO he is...Does make you feel good to know some good ones still out there..BH
Exactly my thoughts...

Only people who can make those shots can truly understand what it takes.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

my grandfather albert was in ww1 part of the fighting 69 division from ny. i have a old black and white photo. of him in uniform .lived till 85 years old with his lungs partially destroy from being gassed in the trenches of france. every one off those men were heroes in my eyes!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

IRGuy wrote:In case you missed it, last week the last known surviving veteran of World War 1 passed away.. I believe he was 104 years old. He was the very last survivor of all the troops from all the countries that were part of the war. I believe he was about 16 years old when he entered the US Army. He had to lie about his age to get in, and later in his life he campaigned for recognition for all the US troops who participated.
Yes and he still is not buried since his family wants him to layed out in the Rotunda and the Government says no. He gets a small service at Arlington. Just boggles my mind.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tom

Post by Tom »

My wife's grandfather served in the Pacific theater in the Navy along side my departed pa paw. He had a stroke a year ago and still have to fight him for the keys to his suburban. He bought a catahoula puppy recently because "most people are just plain stupider than a dog." He loves his bourban and deserves every drop. Retired from being an orthodonist years ago at age 82 . A prince of a man from a hell of a generation. Does cause my throat to swell thinking of them vs most of us today. present company excluded.
Viva la Presidente!
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

My Dad, who god willing will be 98 in September. was in the army during WWII.He never spoke about it when I was young. Only lately has he begun to talk about it.He was in the army for 4 years, went from England to France to Belgium to Germany.in the early 1950's my mother received a letter from the DOD asking if they would like the medals that my father was entitled to. When they arrives he had the purple heart, bronze star,and multiple campaign ribbons.I was young at the time, and asked him how he got the purple Heart he said that he cut himself shaving, and that hey handed out them to everybody it was no big thing.It was only a few years ago that he opened up on what he went through. He was my Hero as a boy, and he still is.
god bless them all
1972 31 FBC 315-141-1226

All that is necessary for evil to succeed
is that good men do nothing.