White Knuckles !!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Gert van Leest

White Knuckles !!

Post by Gert van Leest »

Women are like boats ,the older they get , the more money and professional help they need to look beautiful.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

that dude is absolutely nuts, but also I can't help but be impressed
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Obviously not his first rodeo... Calm, cool, relaxed and a perfect execution. Mate on the bow clearly has trust in the captain's skill level.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

The captain must've heard they were giving away free water.
Regards,

Doug L.
Dug

Post by Dug »

All things aside, that's balls, and talent. Or a supreme amount of luck!!! And knowing one's boat, really well.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Wow! I thought I saw his keel at about 0:15! i don't think I would want to stand on the bow for that ride.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Wow....I was seeing a different video. I saw the guy who runs it up on the sand.

Just saw the sail boat.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Mike,
I like the redneck in the trailer handling blooper at the bottom of the list, Panga launching operator video has been around for a while. Sail surfing to the highest extent or the best ad for anal puckering I've ever seen.
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
clay

Post by clay »

Breaking one of the most basic rules of boating - water depth minus boat draft should not be less than 0.

Capt. Pat the mate on the bow in the last clip has the same raw courage unfortunatly his Captian flunked math.

http://www.nauticlink.com/nl/watersport ... 2a492.html
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

That's far more entertaining. I know I'll sound like an asshole, but I love it when sail boaters screw up right when they think they're being so cool. I see guys sailing around all the time in really tight mooring fields and or really narrow channels.
Regards,

Doug L.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Who ever thought it was a good idea to sail amongst the rocks!! Idiots! I like it when the mate goes over the bow!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

That's Racing, If you don't hit bottom once in a while, you're not trying hard enough! The fast currents are often near the shore.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Having sailed more miles than most powerboat owners have motored I have seen my share of sailboat screwups, and been in a few as well. That is why I learned to always keep a sharp sheath knife on my belt and always had another taped to the butt of the mast. When all else fails cut the halyard or one of the sheets. The accidents in the video clip are all due to stupidity.. some people never learn!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
randall

Post by randall »

sailing around the caribbean on a 50 foot yawl with no engine. sometimes you just have to bring her to the dock. hey we got it right once and everyone was impressed......the other times....not so much.

when we used to sail out to the channel islands to surf we would occasionally hit some sporty weather. so my friend calls me up during a gale and says "lets go practice"....um "practice what"?....."getting caught out in a gale". we were about 50 feet outside the breakwater when the mast snapped in half.

yep...good learning experience.
Carl

Post by Carl »

I didn't realize how great sailboats maneuver!! Quite impressive almost seems like a twin screw, with the 90's and 180's on a dime...or a rock.

I know what you mean about tacking thru mooring fields or sailing in a tight channel...a busy tight channel at that...think sometimes the Right of Way goes to their head...I'll yield Right of Way...but I'm not running aground to do so.

I'll give them this...they got balls...around here they race around Ball and Markers...not so much thru rocks.