Eddie G. - Props

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hyena Love

Eddie G. - Props

Post by Hyena Love »

Eddie - I am runing 17 diameter x18 pitch, four blades, MWC Gauge 3 cupped, with a cup drop of .045 inches, Michigan Dyna-Quad bronze props. Ratio 1.44 to 1. Don't really know what most that means, but there it is.
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Ernest, at that ratio, are those Twin Disc gears? With my ZF's at 1.53 to 1, I decided to go with Michigan DJX nibrals at 18 x 19 and a #3 cup. Several sources have indicated that these engines should exceed 3400 rpm under load at wot. If my shafts come in this week, I hope to be able to seatrial her by next weekend. From one of your earlier post, you said you get 29 mph at 2900 rpm and that your tach registered a little low. I hope I can achieve that speed / rpm and still reach 3450 wot. I'll post some performance numbers after we seatrial. Thanks for your info.
Eddy G.
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

I thought there was going to be some tweeking, so I bought these to check out and then evenutally become spares.

Twin-Disk. Ordered 1.5something. Got 1.44.

Tachs are low 130 at 3000, and 150+ at 3500, but all my stuff to date is basically empty boat. 60 of fuel, and coolers upon coolers full of spare parts and junk that goes in the boat sitting in my garage.

I was shooting for fully loaded 3500. So, I think I am going to eventually cut these down a bit to try to pick up another 50 or so.