My bookie say......

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

That being said, I think you like to stir the pot! :)
Who...................me?

Hide your Beagle, Vicks an Eagle.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Stirring pot -- how about that alleged Commander in Chief calling the Eagles to congratulate them on resigning the dog killer?? How presidential of him!! Then again, at least he did something while on vacation!

How's that for taking the pressure off, Bruce?
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

After last night's pitiful performance he needs to go back to killing dogs. Vick, that is.....the other guy ain't got enough sense to pour piss outta a boot already. Bow Wow.

UV
randall

Post by randall »

eagles lose and giants now hang by a thread......hmmmm?
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I hear you Randall, but isn't the Giants' playoff hope tied to Jupiter aligning with Mars, the Bears losing and a whole host of other must haves, including the Giants winning?
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

maybe the giants can find another receiver to catch his only pass of the year to win another ring
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

You guys are silly...... I think of the NFL and all other organized sports as just another WWE event.... Might be fun to watch but in the end who cares.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
randall

Post by randall »

its a lot more fun when your good friend owns a bar...puts out a spread and lets you drink for free with 20 other like minded individuals while the ball game's on. the night that guy made the stuck to the helmet catch turned in to slightly controlled mayhem. hell....it was great and i'm a jets fan. last year was big fun also as everyone was rootin' for the aints.

that said only bookies and bettors have a reason to "really" care.
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

JP, when I was younger I used to enjoy playing those sports. Now I "play" by watching and still enjoy them, knowing smugly that IF I was still playing, I would've caught that pass or made that tackle for sure. Just ask if you don't believe me. Same w/watching my kids and now grandkids play ball.
The athletes that compete at the pro level are mostly unbelieveable in what they do. Having played, I know how much it must hurt them by season's end especially as you get older. I don't admire many of their morals but physical things, they do amaze me- thank goodness for instant replay- in slow motion, we'd miss alot w/o it.
The Saints did a world of good for our state last year, but then we pay them $500 mill, I think, a year. (We have a long, wide trough in Louisiana).
If I made $5,000,000+ and was treated like a god, I'd be an AH, probably.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I saw on tv that the game takes 12 mins average. Then 74 mins of replays. The rest is advertising. I still like it though.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Andre I totally understand, I watch some stuff and think the same way. But to me it's entertaining, I can't get riled up about it because in the end it doesn't make me any more or less money. The athletes' yeah no doubt they are the real deal, its a punishing career- I've heard about the retired pro guys from way back now owning car dealerships and whoring themselves out all banged up. They may of made some money but man their bodies paid for it.

I try to rate and like things by the people I meet. I've met one of the Giants coaches on several occasions and even kept my boat at his place a few times. Just super people- the whole family. So for my purposes I'm a Giants fan my son and daughter as well. I figure its probably the best reason to be a fan- I mean its better than liking a team for its colors right?

I'm just a real simple guy when it comes to some things. Neat to see what pushes peoples buttons though.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

we may be foolish but this is 3 pages of foolishness
Brewster Minton

Its winter!
Tony Meola

Re: bookie

Post by Tony Meola »

killa"we may be foolish but this is 3 pages of foolishness"

And to think, UV started a football thread that could rival the foolishness of the rocker stoppers.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
randall

Post by randall »

andre...what position did you play?

i used to love to run with the ball but the future for 145LB half backs is limited. i went surfing. and played baseball.
Brewster Minton

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6db_129368906 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/6db_1293689067" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Bravo Wilson! I'll bet they could get them made much cheaper in China. What and where would those people who have worked there for so many years go? Who would employ them, and where? What is missing today is Corporate Conscience, and it seems Wilson has it! Buy American, even if it costs more! Not doing that will catch up to you...badly!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

That is great for Wilson. Only problem is, in 15 years when they all retire there is not going to be anyone left to do those jobs. No young kids in site in that plant.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

giants????? jets ???? saints ???? things r quiet fear is a terible thing did u see how many pats made the pro bowl to bad we will be busy. u know the super bowl is the next week.
randall

Post by randall »

is going undefeated till the second half of the super bowl the biggest choke in the history of sports? no ....i'll give it to the giants - eagles. from division winners to not making the playoffs in seven and a half minutes.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I guess we oughta just give the Bean Town team the Lombordi trophy right now and save all this hoopla.

On the other hand, after watching the GoDaddy.com bowl last night (which ought to be called the WhoDaBabyDaddy Bowl) I'm ready for some real football.

I predict with a fair degree of certainty that the Pitty-Pats will not make the super bowl. Brady will show his true (2d rate) colors and toss bricks while their so-called "receivers" will drop critical soft balls. And the flat-chested Cry-Leaders will wear those funny looking Santa hats again.

But we goin' to the camp for a long weekend, which is what retired persons do here in the Deep South. LSU is now a solid favorite to win the Cotton-Pickin' Bowl tonight since our top running back was reinstated to the team by the NCAA....his exam cheating suspension was revoked when it was discovered he flunked the exam anyway. No harm, no foul.

UV
John F.

Post by John F. »

That 4th qtr. of Giants/Eagles was bad, but still the worst to me was watching Joe Pisarcik hand off to Csonka's thigh. I thought they had a chance.....

John F.
Another long suffering Giants fan
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Dug

Post by Dug »

Randall,

The biggest choke happened to the Yankees at the hands of the Red Sox...

:)

Dug
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i don`t know dug the beating the patriots took at the hands of the giants in the superbowl rates as one of the best i ever saw!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Dug: Bite me - even the low life Red Sox win once in a while -- but when your little girls get even half as many World Championships you can then make another comment about baseball.

Go back to that row boat of yours!

Your friend and Yankee Fan,

Tom
John F.

Post by John F. »

I think its NYY 27 World Series victories, and 40 pennants. For the BoSox, I think its 7 World Series victories, and 11 pennants--and most of those were a long, long time ago. Dug-Yankees/RedSox in what, 2004? How 'bout BoSox/Mets in '86? And please don't blame it all on Buckner--its a team sport, and why put a guy who could barely walk was at 1st? How long to pitchers/catchers report?

BoSox do look loaded for 2011 though--
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
randall

Post by randall »

dug ...i was watching game three in my friends bar when a nasty argument broke out between a yankee and sox fan. there are A LOT of sox fans here because up until the mid 80s the only radio and TV was new england. and yaz was from bridgehampton. of course betting was mentioned but the sox fan , much to everlasting derision , didnt go for it. when the game was over with the sox down 3-0 johnny damon was interviewed and said "anyone on this team that dosent show up for the next game expecting to win...and win it all..... shouldn't show up at all". i'll never forget that!!

i still think the giant choke was more improbable.
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

john /doug is talking about choking up 3-0 thats a choke.Yes the yanks have dominated baseball.Dallas fans yes 5 rings now u suck.But in the present new england. patsssssssss.and yes giants won a bowl by catching a pass with his helmet agianst rodney harris maybe one of the best at his position.Sometimes better 2 b lucky.Doug thanks 4 the support it lonely up here.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

bob lico wrote:i don`t know dug the beating the patriots took at the hands of the giants in the superbowl rates as one of the best i ever saw!
I'd hardly call that a beating. A loss yes. A beating no. For a beating, look no further than Super Bowl XX. That was a beating.
Regards,

Doug L.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

The only twist I would add to that is the XX beating was full well expected while the Giants-Pats was totally figured the other way.

Sort of like the Broncos and Packers. All the money was on the Packers, all the money was on the Pats.

It is without question a more painful way to loose.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thats exactly what i meant not the score nor the lucky catch of the gun weilding w.r . the media hype was unbelievable here in n.y ,like don`t bother watching and other then a great running back they really had no offence to speak off. the defence was so physical it was the first time brady would run for his life after the snap . something he did not see all year.beating means physical from a much underated team not score!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

football is ALL about making a play. in the giants-pats SB ...the guy made a play. the ball wasn't swatted away or intercepted.....it was caught. at that point however they still weren't in the end zone.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

true randall ,without names i took a certain famous person out for a boat ride in storm warnings in turn i was on the field with those identification chains around my neck with a certain international news team. the giant defence came off the ball so hard you could hear those shoulder pads hitting from the sideline. they were playing there heart out against a much better offensive team. the tv camara man next to me focus on the ball but you had to see the defensive line to really appreciate the game.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

i watch sports live not film from the past and yes randal that bum did make the catch. the crow tasted like sh//. But to u yank fans who live in the past every year is a new season and do I sence fear in your local papers.One thing about boston and NY papers they tell it like it is.I will root 4 the jets tonite like a true masshole just 2 go thru them to get 2 the show. patssssss
randall

Post by randall »

well we're on the same page there. BTW ive been a jets fan since they were the titans. its like banging a victoria's secret model and never getting laid again.....like 40 years. i've also been a mets fan since day one. not as bad but they break your heart with regularity.

at the moment i'm watching seattle pull ahead of the aints...ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

what do u expect bc QB
Dug

Post by Dug »

Well, well, looks like I hit a nerve...

I know all about the Giants v. Pats. Killa is right, the crow tasted bad. Remember, it was the MEDIA hype, not the Pats hype that drove that over exposure. It ain't over until its over.

Pretty damned hard to have a record like the Pats have created during the past DECADE in todays day and age. Just ask the Saints after today. (Sorry Saint's fans. I can't believe it either!)

But that same press decided at the time that the '04 collapse of the Spankees was the biggest choke of all time, not Sox fans. Though of course it was music to my ears of course!

Just glad no one mentioned last years Bruins! ;)
randall

Post by randall »

halftime....yikes. you cant win if you cant score at all.

OK...thats why you are a fan. win or lose that was a really fun 4th quarter...................................but winning is better.
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

randal bring it. For the record I spray painted my cleets white in 1969.The same year of my bahia
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

dug let me mention your name to this dude. you stand up for four hours with a 15' of camara cord in your hand .there are no seats allow next to sideline and you can show no emotion or cheering at all , but your 15' from the team benth and no you can`t stick your foot out . about $ 1200.00 with free infield pass . price gouging is the nom especially any hotel/restarant within 5 miles. you know there is going to be another pat/jet shootout this year!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

should be an interesting week of listening to rex. you have to laugh.

but....any given sunday.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bob, I'm used to that, as a referee remember! I'm really good at cheering in my own mind, like many other things! :) Yup, Jets vs. Pats at Foxboro next weekend! Should be a game!

And Randall, its all about the fat lady. It ain't over until she sings...
randall

Post by randall »

well ,dug...like i always say...being a jets fan is like banging a victorias secret model and never getting laid again. now this fat chick is hitting on me. at this point i'll take it if i can get it!