Blizzard

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

Post by randall »

classic....and very well done!!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

JP- If you're lucky, one (or more) of your kids will want to become Vets! Thought those Mountain dogs loved snow. My Lab sure as hell does! Walter
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Robbie

Looks like Randel was out carving snow again.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
coolair

Post by coolair »

sorry coming back into this late, that is one bad ass van! i don think you can get with a diesel any more. I was sun bathin its been in the 60s 70s whatever hear. hope yalls nuts dont freeze off
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
randall

Post by randall »

tony...heres my latest snow carving. all you need is the right tool.

Carl

Post by Carl »

Randall...I think I'll send that to Bloomberg.

"All will be plowed and back to normal in 24 hours, please don't drive and take Mass Transit if you have to get somewhere."

Okay lets see, I had 30" of snow on my dead end block, so me and a neighbor dug our way out to a secondary street...only to find those where impassable. Tuesday rolls around and still no plow so to get to work I walk a mile to a main bus stop and the bus that's supposed to run every 15 minutes is a "no show" after more then an hour....actually not one of several bus lines showed...not one bus in either direction...I was going to hike another mile to the train...but it wasn't running either from what I was told by people who came to teh bus stop after waiting at the train station...so back home I went. ( I should mention our 17 mile Island just spent 8 million dollars on 4 diesel locomotives in case they had problems with the electric trains, we have two tracks and the train just goes back and forth....4 New Locomotives as backups) By afternoon more neighbors started clearing paths to get out and I finally was able to get my truck to a main road and head to work....to which the street where my business is wasn't plowed...but every person tossed their snow into the middle of a one way street as cars are parked bumper to bumper from beginning to end. Walked up and cleared my driveway.

Today the one way street is plowed to the top of the block ...where they stopped...so we have a one lane street with 4-5' walls of snow on both sides that you have to back down after it's realized you can't go thru...

Yeah Randall, that goes out to our Mayor and his budget cuts. Wait till we don't pay taxs and see how fast they react...
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Randall,

Been drinking beer for 2 days and still don't have enough material to duplicate your Pee version of the Mona Lisa in 30"s of snow. I'm still given her hell though.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
gplume

Post by gplume »

Randall-

That is a true "classic'....Now "Who's Next"
Giff
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Randall

I hope the neighbors didn't see you. Cool though.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
randall

Post by randall »

tony....i would never live anywhere you had to pee indoors. also...no plumbing in the shop.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I've been reading the headlines of "pitiful emergency" response during and after the storm.

Guess what. People survived a 100 years ago with no emergency response, plows or any government help what so ever.

People get pissed when gov't doesn't do enough, and they get pissed when government charges high taxes to do more.

How the American spirit of adventure has gotten the Lorena Bobitt treatment.

I saw it during and after our hurricanes and sat backed and laughed at all the helpless and useless people.

Randall,
Somewhere my wife has a pic of me and the dog next to each other in the back yard pissing in the grass, A daily morning ritual.

Horrified at such barbaric behaviour I told her I just saved 3 gallons of drinking water for a flush and was bonding with the dog and the most important, because I can.
randall

Post by randall »

every time i go to the city i imagine what those people would do without electricity. wouldn't be pretty. but the whole city mentality is let someone else do the menial jobs.

we had no juice for 14 days after hurricane gloria....caren bailed after four days but i kinda enjoyed it. you figure it out.
In Memory Walter K

Cripple America? Knock out the power grids. Fuel will no longer be the energy problem because you wouldn't be able to pump it. In 48 hours all the batteries will have run down on cell phones, laptops, etc. Then, let the games begin!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Walter: I might get some peace and quiet if that happens!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
randall

Post by randall »

my radio and flashlights are wind up...and i have 100 gallons of gas for the generator. should be ok for awhile. of course they will have to blow up the two bridges to keep out the hoards. people lived through the depression out here with NO outside help. bet the deer population would thin pretty fast.
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Certainly, I cannot live in the cold!

Dug

Post by Dug »

David, Do I know that beach in the middle picture? Still lovely...
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Counsellor, hope a frickin' coconut falls on yo' gloatin' head.....altho it is in the 70s and sunny here in Coonassland today so I'm not too disgusted with ya.

yo Fren'

UV
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

David if they ever dig the airport out we might all come and stay at your house and use your boat.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

19 inches of snow had to plow for 26 hours straight to keep the roads open...got em down to bare asphalt within one day...got a call from my States Attorney General...one disgruntled resident out of 300+ called and complained about my plowing...My response was...my roads are in better shape then most state and local roads....next storm Ive got a spare loader you can run...gotta love the Govt...who works for who?
JP... I had to snow blow a path for my Newfoundland to take a dump as well...go figure thought they were born in the snow...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
In Memory Walter K

Bob- You live in Massachusetts. The quality of your elected officials are only matched or exceeded by those in California and New York. They know how to complain, not compliment.
coolair

Post by coolair »

But if we all lost power... how could we all bitc i mean have fun on here :)
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Dug:

Yes, you do....and you know her ugly side.

UV:

If I could only send you a coconut and some Don Q gold and white rum....lots of rain in the last couple of days...and a bit cold too.....What the hell Al Gore was talking about?

Brew:

No problem with me. However, the wife.....she will kill me first...don't know how ya'll do..