My bookie say......

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

My bookie say......

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Dat New England ain't that good, Chicago is just that bad.....football in the snow is why bookies get rich.

And the tv quit that game to show the Fish & the Wets....poor choice in my humble view.

But its blowing a gale here in Coonassland, supposed to be 23 tonight and I'm hauling pot plants inside like a shivverin' grosbeak.....

UV
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Talk to me about Global Warming.....
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

At least the fish squished the wets.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Did you see the Jets strength coach trip the Miami player?

Classy bunch those Jets...

And Vic, we shall see if the Pats are that bad... They are looking pretty good right now, and the Bears really did look bad. Much worse than I expected. I was supposed to fly out for that game, and am rather glad I didn't!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Vic,

I know that you are a great lawyer, but you are pretty bold to post that you were growing pot........... :)
In Memory of Vicroy

Well, guess I'll have to expain the pot thing once again. Here in the Deep South, any decorative plant that is grown in a pot is called a pot plant, like ivy, poinsettas, ferns, etc. and they have to be hauled inside when its supposed to freeze.

I'll confess I took one drag off a real pot cig about 50 years ago and it made me so sick I never tried it again. Almost as sick as that "Fatal Shot" likker the Africans brought to one of the UVIs, the stuff they were using in their Zippos.

Dug, I have toruble thinking of any good reason to go to Chicago in the winter and watching two second rate football teams in a snowstorm ain't one of them.

yo Fren'

UV
randall

Post by randall »

jets offense looks pathetic at the moment. they lost that game on a dropped pass i could have caught. no excuse for the jets coach but what was the fish guy doing running four feet out of bounds. on a side note my friend larry, who was first string high school all american QB, all conference middle line backer in college and played 3 games for the giants successfully made 3 tackles from the sidelines in college....... sneaky bastard.....its all in the execution.

UV...i once had a cabin full of "pot plants"

pats look unstoppable at the moment but the browns beat them...every week is a new story......lions over GB?
Dug

Post by Dug »

UV, that was the ultimate decision! Agreed. That being said, the reasons were solid.

Liz's mom lives in chicago, so it would have been a visit to her.

And my good friend and trainer is a rabid bears fan, and was attending the game. He's never been to Chicago, much less to see his favorite team, so that would have been an occasion. Plus to school him in real Chicago pizza and have some ribs at Twin Anchors, ahhh, never bad.

That being said, I'm very glad to have watched from my couch!!! I am sorry you think them second rate however...

And Randall, you are right. You never do know for sure, until after its all done.

Dug
neil

Post by neil »

tommy i thought the same thing years ago when it got cold in cooonass land but uv cleared it up then as well
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Randall you would have to bring up the Packers and Lions.

And only one game we was behind the Bears and could have been tied for first! Rodgers has a boo boo on his brain and may not play next week against the Pats!

Our backup is pretty fair (Matt Flynn) but the money should be on the Pats next week if we are runnin our second string arm, no matter what the spread.

If Rodgers is back I would entertain a friendly wager from an eastern faithful on the game.

Have been to Soldiers Field on a couple of occasions to watch the Packers beat the Bears. The wind coming off Lake Michigan is never fun. Cold driving rain in your face in October/November is a great way to convince the little woman to let you buy that new flat screen.

Oh and in closing, the Bears do suck. This is just the begining of their yearly slide into mediocrity.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Dug

Post by Dug »

Vic,

I gotta ask. My curiousity has bettered my wisdom.

Why do you think the Patriots are a second rate team?

Seriously, I am curious...

Dug
randall

Post by randall »

no D. brady is on a tear and when you jump out to a 3 touchdown lead it takes ALL the pressure off the defense. tight game fourth quarter....not so much.

but thats my two cents....lets see what UV thinks.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Randall, I agree, Brady is on a tear!

But...

In the past two games, they have only allowed 10 points. Before that, absolutely higher scoring games.

The defense is a good point. Maybe that is why he says it. On the other hand, they are winning and the weaker defense may not matter as much due to the strength of the offense. Around here, we are saying that the defense has been a bend and break defense as opposed to a bend but not break. Again, I am asking because I am curious, not to debate.

Dug
In Memory of Vicroy

They play a weak sister schedule, not to mention the steroid & drugs stuff. Half the team are criminals, the other half street thugs. The coach is a pussy. The cheerleaders all have bad boob jobs and frown all the time.

Other than that, they are just a second rate organization from top to bottom.

yo Fren'

UV
randall

Post by randall »

you think LSU could take em? they have better cheerleaders.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

UV,

You can't really think the Pats have a played a weak schedule:

Jets (x2)
Miami
Baltimore
San Diego
Steelers
Indy
Chicago
Green Bay (this weekend)

Currently the Pats are 7-1 against teams with a winning record. By contrast the Aints have played 3 teams with a winning record, winning two games. The Falcons have played 7 games against teams with winning records and have gone 5-2, which is also pretty good.

Show me an NFL team this year with a tougher schedule and better results.
Last edited by dougl33 on Dec 14th, '10, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Doug L.
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Not this topic again.
In Memory of Vicroy

Yes Bruce, the snowbirds are spouting guano again. Face it, Brady is a second tier q.b. who's been propped up for several years by the bias of the northeastern media. His numbers vs. quality teams suck. And I repeat, the Pats' cheerleaders are a disgrace to even Muslim women.

UV
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Wow. Brady a 2nd tier QB? I guess you could write a book about what you don't know about the NFL.
Regards,

Doug L.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

This is fun.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
In Memory of Vicroy

The people who really know the NFL - the bookies - shade the line on the Pats to suck in the know-nothings in the Boston area. Bettors up there are like an annuity for the honest bookies. Brady's propensity to throw behind his wide outs is gonna cost somebody a trailer some day soon.

And I notice y'all still shying away from the cheerleader issue. Those Pats gals are so ugly they don't even let 'em on TV, bad for ratings.

UV
randall

Post by randall »

not me...i pay close attention to the cheerleaders. most overrated...cowboys.

but hats off to any gal that runs out there when its 20 degrees.

hey....i'm still smiling from the giants - NE superbowl. talk about a fun night at the bar.

BTW....covering the spread, picking the over under and actually WINNING games......two very different animals.
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

Well pats haters lets stop sitting on your hands and entertain lets start with UV.Its a blizzzzz outside and I feel warm inside
J Graham

Post by J Graham »

X2
In Memory of Vicroy

Shoot, I was sitting around a week or so ago and the Big Brown Truck comes lumbering up my driveway with a box......open it, and its a coffee table book, the New England Patriots coffee table book....turns out Dug sent it to me as retaliation for me screwing with you guys about the Pats being a second rate team.

So I eagerly flip open the book and go thru it page by page, looking for the cheerleaders. Not one damn picture of a cheerleader in the entire Pats Official Team Coffee Table Book....in fact, not a single picture of a woman at all, not even a bull dyke.

Now you guys tell me, can a top tier team have a coffee table book with no womrn in it? Crap, I'd even take a butt shot of Barney Frank, but no women at all? What kind of team is that?

Second rate, if you ask me.

UV
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

just what I thought like most lawyers u say alot but never answer the question.
randall

Post by randall »

killa...i think you're takin this a mite too serious.

it took three trips to port eades before we stopped re-fighting the civil war...oops sorry UV...war of northern aggression.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

And UV has forgotten more things about everything, than I will ever know!
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

Except about football!
Regards,

Doug L.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Damn boys......this site has not seen this much energy since Thudd retired.....LOL

Good to see you back and feeling froggy Vic.

hb
hb
Harv

Post by Harv »

Harry Babb wrote:Damn boys......this site has not seen this much energy since Thudd retired.....LOL

Good to see you back and feeling froggy Vic.

hb
I checked him on Face Book. He must have plumbed that empty hull with hot water. He posted he was going "to a hot tubb"
Harv
luis

I am a stranger but about the Pats....

Post by luis »

hey UV , someone from this site ask me to tell you to check the following webpage : http://www.patriots.com/cheerleaders/
and I cant say who is so... you only gonna find who ... maybe on wikileakes or something like that.

Merry Christmas to all and a Better New Year
1969 Hull #313-897
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

UV,
I hope you ain't keeping that coffee table book in the house. That would be akin to keeping a book entitled, " My Friend and Mentor, Morris Dees".
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

randal in new england we are serious fans.It looks as though the jetttts have lost thier footing. pardon the pun
Dug

Post by Dug »

UV, I recently bought the Bears book for another friend...

No cheerleaders in that one either.

Now, I understand, however Liz is from Bears country, and she's a decent looker in my book!

All that being said, I'd rather be known for good football than good cheerleading when the game is football.

It is nice to have distraction when its warm out however!

:)

And Bruce, the book does a decent job of explaining in plain terms, how the Pats went from really being the laughing stock of the NFL to one of the premier teams.

Take it for what it actually is...

That being said, there are a lot of good teams in the NFL, which is what makes it so fun to watch on sundays! But the Pats, damned good and we are lucky to have them up here!
randall

Post by randall »

i'm a "serious " fan also but this isnt the place to take it personally. make all the fun you want of the team but not the poster....no matter how inane the post...its all in fun.

the jets win games they shouldn't and lose games they should win. but every sunday is a new day. frankly the GLARING shortcoming with the jets is the total, and i mean total, lack of pressure on the QB. in the NFL any QB will be successful if you give him so much time the receivers can reroute. no one ,not even revis, can cover an NFL receiver for more than five or six seconds.

give brady all day and he kills you....but cutler did the same.

giants.....yikes!!!
Dug

Post by Dug »

And Manning. Randall, right there with you!

Haters will always hate...

I like rooting for the home team. Winning or not. And ours happens to have been winning for a long time. A lot longer than they should have been able to given "parity".

Its a tough league and there are a lot of successful teams to watch!

To me its more fun than baseball. I don't dislike any nfl team. Perhaps I don't respect, but I sure as heck don't dislike. Now, as for baseball...
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Yes those Giants! I guess we owed them one and it also makes me wonder just what the outcome of the previous weeks game in New England would have been with Rodgers vs. Flynn at the helm for the Packers.

New England is quite beatable.

In Memory of Vicroy

Hey Luis - I'll bet the Lisbon football team (soccer to us) has some nice, friendly cheerleaders, huh? Not like them social worker do-gooder, left-leaning Boston Bimbos the Pitty-Pats hide from public view?

yo Fren'

UV
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Hi, my name is Tom, and I am a New York Giants Fan -- God grant me the serenity to accept that Eli Manning is overrated, the courage to hope they will learn how to make open field tackles, and the wisdom to know that Bill Cower will be head coach next year!!!!!
randall

Post by randall »

tom...how do you over rate a super bowl MVP? hes just havin an off year....like jeter. you gotta love the "manningface" that both he and payton put on when things dont go their way. he stood up in the post game and told it like it was. i sucked!!
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Randall, maybe he isn't overrated, so much as he overanalyzes at times -- he gets paralysis by analysis. When he won the SuperBowl and the MVP of the game, he pretty much ran the 2 minute offense the entire game. When he gets over center and then starts reading the defense and checking the play over and over, one of two things happens, an interception, or a sack.
randall

Post by randall »

agree.....but the defense gave up over 70 points in the last 70 minutes of play. its the opposite of the pats. the pats defense can relax because the offense is a run away train. the giants offense cant keep up no matter what......and SIX turnovers is death....plain and simple.
killa

bookie

Post by killa »

while the pat def r relaxing have u looked @ the pa /forced turnovers.i feel the hate on such a holiday. uv???? doug feel the love in NEng
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

UV

I know your eye sight isn't what it used to be but I checked the website Luis posted and they did not look too shabby. Social workers or not. In fact send that social worker my way.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Dug,
I'll be sure to pickup a copy of that book.
My video skills are less than I'd like. I'm sure there are some good pointers.
:)
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bruce, there is probably a version of the book for whatever team you enjoy.

That being said, I think you like to stir the pot! :)

Stay warm my friend! Its supposed to hit 30 up here today!
In Memory of Vicroy

As the World Cahmp New Orleans Saints proved last night, its the cup size, not the smile.

Now I see the left-leaning pinko social workers are piling on Woof-Woof Vick again. They just won't accept that killing under-performing dogs is a cultural thing with certain ethnic groups, and good solid prison time is a badge of honor with them as well.

UV
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Vic served his time. Everyone should leave him alone. I thought that was the deal here in the USA.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Stirring the Pot!!!