Key West bound 26 DEC 2010.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

Key West bound 26 DEC 2010.

Post by amuh60 »

I am headed to Key West on 26 DEC 2010 and will be there until 28 DEC. I am helping my Dad bring his 53 Hatteras Convertible back to Orange Beach, AL. It has taken 3 years for the boat to be redone by Tom Slane so we are very happy to get it home. Anyhow, if anyone is in the area the boat is at A & B marina and would love to have yall stop by to say hello. Kevin, Buju..etc???

-Andy
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Andy,

Will you be departing from a North Carolina marina, or did Slane do the work somewhere else?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Drat! Arriving in K.W. on the 29th, staying through the 5th.
A miss is as good as a mile, a nod's as good as a wink . . .
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Andy,

Are you going to be driving/cruising through the Marathon area? I am off on the 26 and 27th. Pretty jammed up at work right now and I am getting ready to move.

Kevin
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Tommy-
Tom Slane did all the work at his office in High Point, NC. It was shipped by truck to Moorehead City just before Thanksgiving. My Dad went up to Moorehead City over the Thanksgiving holiday and ran the boat to Key West. We are bringing it the rest of the way. I cant post pictures on the internet due to work but you can go to the link below and check out the work. He has a link to Power Boat and Motor yacht article which has some PICS of the boat. It literally took 3 years and there were a lot of broken promises on completion dates but we have the boat now. It was a frustrating process but he and his workers do great work

http://www.slanemarine.com/

Mikey-
We may be in Key West until the 29th due to weather. We will be staying at A&B Marina. The boat is called Pole Pusher. I realize that name could be a little dangerous in Key West. My Dad makes a living manufacturing and selling wooden and concrete telephone poles/lighting poles hence the name Pole Pusher.

Kevin-
We are going to leave straight from Key West to Captiva, St. Pete, Panama City, and then Orange Beach. I still want to get my boat down that way so maybe We can still run over to bimini one of these days.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Andy,
I'll check when we get there.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Buju

Post by Buju »

Andy,
I'm waaaaaaay up here @ MM102.
Haven't been down KW way in years... But I would walk there to go to Bimini. ... it's been too long, love Bimini. We ought to have a Bimini rendevous at some point, that'd be something.

Very funny about the boat name "Pole Pusher"... might want to make sure your not wearing any shirts he had made up with the boat name when your crawling Duval...

Not as bad as a boat my bud used to fish on... ready?

"Manhole Lover"

The owner made his $ in the foundry buis, and the bulk of their products were manhole covers.
Not hard to misconstrue that one, esp. in KW.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

The owner made his $ in the foundry buis, and the bulk of their products were manhole covers.
Not hard to misconstrue that one, esp. in KW.
He could make even more $ by producing small models that hung from the back of a belt....

mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I'm reporting you guys to NAMBLA.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I saw one in Key West called "Smoking Pole" on a flats boat.