Project Short Circuit Movin On

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Project Short Circuit Movin On

Post by Capt. DQ »

Well here are just a few pictures of my progress on the Short Circuit, will post some more when I can transfer them over. The engines are like UV's 1989 Cummins 250hp totally rebuilt 04 with zero hrs. and ZF220A/ 1.5:1 ratio totally redone. port side with Gen. exhausting thru port exhaust and modified console up top.
Strut pads done & shaft logs will be done this weekend. Hull painted with Sunfire by Sherman Williams paint, bridge will be painted off white up top with same brand. Tower is off having modifications done to it, easier to paint top side.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/DQ27QUIG/

R,
DQ

(DQ, easier to go to your index page... Br, Patrick)
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
scot

Post by scot »

Coming along nicely! Keep up the good work, it will be worth it.

Scot
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

If you right click on the link then left click on open it opens up. My bad.
Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Doug - looks great. Tip: ditch those paper air filters on the 6BTAs and order a pair of the permanent S&B ones from Tony Athens, pay for themselves in a year easy.

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

UV,

The S&B's filters are in garage.

Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Doug,

You've done an impressive amount of work on her...congratulations. Have you installed Bruce's fuel tank yet? Keep us posted.

Tommy
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Tommy,

Yes that is it underneath those tarps & junk stack on top of the support rails for the floor. All foamed in, in going to work great compared to the 2-90gal tanks that was in place. It still has all the art work performed on it from the Flophouse.

I'll bet Timmy is still eaten that up about that RLDT art work and Bruce's wolf howling at the moon.

Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Doug,
Your project really looks good. Congratulations on your accomplishments. With your permission I would like to come over and meet you and look at "Short Circuit" one day during the holidays. I live in Fairhope about 40 or 50 miles from you.
Looking good!!!!
251-928-5291 work number
251-510-5293 Cell
Harry Babb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,

Let me know what day your coming over and we get together. I'm going to be off from work between Christmas & New Years, working on the boat if weather permiting. The boat is at Bahia Mar Marina boat yard at S. Pace Blvd. down at Bayou Chico where the old Draw bridge use to be.

850-525-5126 cell
R,
Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Thanks Capt. Patrick for getting me straighten out on that problem.

R,
Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Doug, let me know when you are ready for that Lee Sr. base, and can I send it to where I send the CX?

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

UV,

Yes send it to the same address as the CX. Just tell me how much I owe you for shipping. I'll shoot it right back to you.

Thanks,
Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Hey Doug I like it. Looks like you've been busy. Love to see some shots with the lighting layout. Keep it up looks good
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

JP,

I'll be mounting the transom ltgs. this weekend and will post those after the weekend and also glassing the shaft logs in this weekend also and will post those also.

R,
Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

nice work,i like the two chairs on the bridge one sugestion use a laser on the rudder even a hand held one(like the teacher use on the chalkboard)center it on the output shaft of the zf center line and you will be on the money.
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Bob,

Went to Radio Shack and found a laser about the size of a pack of gum and it fit just perfect in the strut tube to line up the angle to the gear flange coupler nut. It worked great, but thanks for the tip.

R,

Doug
"IN GOD WE TRUST"