Once in a life time....

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bob H.

Once in a life time....

Post by Bob H. »

Been chasing whitetails for 20 years and have never seen such an animal, last night, my hunting buddy Kelly and I saw over ten deer, he shot a big doe dressed out at 140 lbs, then we hunted another piece of woods and looked what ran out...at first I thought I was seeing things, or a goat from a near by farm...then I saw a rack and let a slug fly at 75 yards. I have taken several big bucks with a bow, this buck is something special. Thought you guys might enjoy it...BH

1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Maybe a buck had a little fun with that goat on the nearby farm and there you have the result! LOL
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Pretty work Bob.

Fish and Game likes it when the albinos are weeded out. They say they carry all the defects on the genetic side, I just think they are cool. Almost had a shot at an all white doe a few years ago. Neat things to see in the woods.

Kill em all, they just taste to good. Nice job Bob.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I have an all white doe behind my house every day. I will post pic soon.
billyo

Post by billyo »

Cool looking deer.
New member of the Bertram clan.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

That will make a very unusual and beautiful mount Bob......and 75 yards! ! ! good shot.

hb
hb
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

very nice bob, congradulations nice shot
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bob, I want the sticker in your back window. Where did it come from.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Thanks guys, plan on mounting the front half, a jumping out of the wall mount.
Mikey, the window decal is from a local sign guy, he used a self etch looking sticker, and made it to fit the window. Get a lot of comments from the local Bertram guys...next one will have 31 Bertram under the Eagle.
BH.
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Can we get one? I'll pay for it.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bob nice job at least you were smart enough the hunt in a area whereby you could get the deer out without a problem . this is this year big boy from northern maine . gps showed about 11/4mile walk to the truck!!!! myself and my partner haul this guy 204lbs out, uphill,downhill,across a stream ---extreme wilderness .maine requires you to bring deer to weight in station ,another 20miles the wrong way from camp.all and all a back breaking day next year your invided to my camp in atherns maine.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

sometimes you get into that decision time after dragging deer a distance with two 3" limbs with rope in between so my hunting buddy and i could both take a limb and drag the opposite ends. we try to run a linb between the legs tie together but after a 100yards the branch was digging into your shoulder just too much weight. thinking twice about quartering but no butcher knives and getting dark . you have to be aware of the scent of fresh kill. a 504lbs bear was taken a few miles away. a little luck due to the 20degree temperature there was ice on snow to help drag deer. al and all a hell of a go way to lose weight or die of heart attack .i think i be better off sitting over a wreck bottom fishing or in my case feeding the sea bass!!!

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Nice rare deer, Bob. Good shot too. Slugs, huh?
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Nice buck Bob..thats quite the drag...know the feeling..shootin is the easy part.
Andre we can only use shotguns in mass, the slug is about a 50 caliber projectile, good for about 100yards.
Almost done chasin deer then back to work on the Bertram. BH
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bob i hunted both long island and western ny years ago . both are shotgun area so i invested in two model 1100 remington 12ga. auto`s with three barrels for each (full choke,modified and a slug barrel) the slug barrel is a hasting sabot slug (groved) with williams sights . seeing is beliving this is a unbeliveable acurate weapon .my son holds 3" groups offhand at 100 yards . i now hunt in maine so the shot guns are for sale as well as the barrels.sabot slugs have come a long way, they are really acurate check them out.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473