Marine Surveyor Tampa Bay Florida Area

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

fishlook

Marine Surveyor Tampa Bay Florida Area

Post by fishlook »

Hey guys-

Looking for a Pre-purchase survey for a client next Tuesday in Tampa on a bank owned 2001 53' Cavileer Convertible.

Looking for a good buyers surveyor.

Jay Jones
Fox Yacht Sales
Port Aransas , Texas
Jay Jones
jrhaszard

Florida Boat Surveyor

Post by jrhaszard »

I bought my B-31 at Snead Island Boatworks just south of Tampa four years ago. The recommended surveyor did a thorough job, I thought. I shipped it to the Chesapeake where it dawned on me that the hour meters weren't increasing so I shipped them to Ft. Lauderdale for rebuild.They said the plastic/teflon gears had been superglued together.They had never seen anything like it.The records and tachs showed less than 900 hours on 6BTA Cummins 270's.I also had the Cummins marine dealer check out the engines at time of survey including trial run.He said they were in perfect condition.They run great but now I have no idea how many actual hours are on these engines.None of us thought to record the hours before and after the sea trials. By the way, the previous name on the boat was "LOOPHOLE" if that tells you anything!
BERG1847M80F
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Jay,
Try Art Whiting at Harden Marine Services in Tampa he is a SAMS AMS Tel 813-248-3505 Office or 813-361-8126 Cell. A good engine surveyor is Dan Mattos AMS SAMS Tel 239-461-0366 office or 239-461-9086 cell.
PeteFallon AMS SAMS
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61